Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it weren't for WebStudio I might have never got it done...... made short work of all the work in building a site.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark said:
If it weren't for WebStudio I might have never got it done...... made short work of all the work in building a site.
I noticed you had a section on your site with local contractors on it. How did you go about choosing who to put on this list? Are they your best customers or are they request to be added?

-Nathan

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
nwingate said:
I noticed you had a section on your site with local contractors on it. How did you go about choosing who to put on this list? Are they your best customers or are they request to be added?

-Nathan
I was thinking of doing something similiar to advertise my buddies and better spider my own site within search engines however I decided against it incase they mess up a job and the people come looking for me. Besides if they get a lead from me I like it when they know it came from me. I don't ask for payment of any kind but the way of the world... You scratch my back I scratch yours.

·
Registered
178 Posts
http://www.permanentroofing.com

We set up this site for recruiting dealers, but have been getting hits mostly from homeowners looking for alternatives. This year, we've also featured a do-it-yourself system, and have anywhere from 5 to 20 inquiries each day. Interestingly, of our local work (Montreal, Canada) about half has come from referrals (expected), and half from the internet site (not expected). We're looking to do a major revamp this winter to better respond to the type of inquiries we've been getting.

Nathan, am I getting too close to "blatant advertising" here, or is it still on the right side of the line?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pgriz said:
Nathan, am I getting too close to "blatant advertising" here, or is it still on the right side of the line?
If there was a fence between the two sides... I would say your climbing it, but still ok!

You know, your ad would look very nice on this site ;)
I can see it now, right about were the tell a friend button is!

You provide a lot of valuble content for this site so I'm ok with you talking about you product when the topic is relavant.... but remember that this site racks up some bills and I got to pay them somehow.

THanks!
Nathan

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nathan said:
Good start tncontractor... where did you get that template from?

Also, when you get a chance tell us about your new business in the business forum here: http://www.contractorschatroom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

I would love to hear about your startup progress.

Hope to see a lot more of you around here!
Thanks for the compliments - great site here by the way!
The template came with Netobjects Fusion 7, I need to put some more time in it, but new business opportunities are keeping me too busy!

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tncontractor said:
great site here by the way!
THANKS! :cheesygri

tncontractor said:
I need to put some more time in it, but new business opportunities are keeping me too busy!
Well thats always a good thing. Are you advertising the site yet or are you going to wait until its done?

G

·
help dreamweaver mx

Dude i cant seem to find where the heck the stupid setting is that will let me resize a cell in a table with out it affecting the other cells in the table.. in otherwords i have this tabel that has 3 colums... in colum one it has 3 rows colum 2 has 1 or no rows and colum 3has 10 rows.. the rows in colum 1 are matching up to the rows in colum 3 automaticly and when i move one it moves the other.... how do i stop that? please help!

[email protected]

Grumpy said:
www.bestexteriors.com

I designed that for my boss. I thought I was going to be a web designer but the money was sooo good in contracting I decided to drop the web design classes in school and focus on const. management.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glen of Glen Livingston-"Roofs 'R' Us!" STM

I have two web sites for my customers. One is for the homeowner as they look at roofs, roof materials, etc. and then the other site is for those in the construction trades, real estate and insurance industries.

They are at: www.Roofs-R-Us.gossimer.net & www.GlenLivingstonConst.gossimer.net

Feel free to go and take a look at them-give me your honest, brutal opinion of them and please-you are welcome to give me any constructive criticism to make them better.
Have a Great Day!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts