Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaron at Footbridge Media re-did my website for me last month. I think he did a great job, and am quite pleased with it. After just a couple of weeks, page ranking has already improved for Yahoo and Bing, but has not picked up that much on Google.

Overall I'm quite pleased, aside from a few small tweaks I would like to make. Check it out please. Comments? Criticism?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Pretty good but why does he have to use the same stock photographs on every site.

I have seen businesses really benefit from their website and all of them have worked on it regularly. You can't build it and let it sit there. Over time I would replace the boilerplate content and photos with your own.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks nice for a template and I am sure once someone gets to the site that they will stay engaged for a few pages.

Now the most important question - what are you doing to promote it?

·
Internet Marketing Agency
339 Posts
As has been said you may want to add some more content on your site. Remember...your visitors are trying to and a question they have. Try to be a resource. Along those lines I like to give away a free report with the optin box in the top right of the page (arguable the most valuable spot on the page).

This free report could be something as simple as the going rates for the various services in your area...could be The 10 Things You Need to Know Before Hiring an Electrical Contractor.

One last thing...get the testimonials up on your site.

Hope this helps
j

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great feedback guys. :thumbsup:

I should have some photo's to replace the stock ones fairly soon. I need to get on that, as the stock one looks kind of silly (to me) right now in the "about me" section. Mainly because it's not a picture of me. Reviews should be coming up shortly as well.

·
Sure, I can do that...
1,893 Posts
Tell your web guy to close the meta and image tags.
The page is using an Xhtml doctype with html meta and image tags which are not closed.
An inspection using Firebug is showing some warnings about them. Not a biggy.

Also, your meta information is repeated. Google won't like that. And the meta tags are repeating your title information. That won't help your Search engine optimisation.

Nice site though. Well done, overall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts