Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Proprietor
1,847 Posts
I bet if you spend as much time marketing your website to your target market (maybe a postcard mailer, or even making relationships with people and handing them your card) as you do stressing over which keywords are on your page (and what "grade" some online tool gives you for the density of those particular words) and what rank you are in Google, you would get more conversions.

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,705 Posts
I bet if you spend as much time marketing your website to your target market (maybe a postcard mailer, or even making relationships with people and handing them your card) as you do stressing over which keywords are on your page (and what "grade" some online tool gives you for the density of those particular words) and what rank you are in Google, you would get more conversions.

Who says I can't do both? Who says I don't?

Why step into a conversation and act the jerk?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've read many of the SEO posts on this forum and from what I understand I think I'm supposed to:
That's pretty much it but I'd add one more point...

* create good content *

No amount of traffic in the world will help you if people immediately bounce off your web site and go elsewhere. If you can't convert the traffic you get into sales (or ad clicks), the traffic is worthless.

gocohome.com and the blog is gocohome.com/blog, will the search engines automatically pick up the fresh content for both the site and the blog?
Yes, though I'd hedge my bets on 'automatically'.

Unless your blog platform has a method of letting the search engines know there is new content, you should notify them yourself using a tool such as Ping-O-Matic (pingomatic.com). You should also be using Google's Webmaster tools to list your sitemap and Google Analytics to see if all the work you are doing is paying off.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Illinois Window Service
125 Posts
Getting Quality Links..

Good stuff on this thread, guys. :thumbsup:

Check out this video if you want to see the best, most accurate description of what links are most valuable now, rather than a couple of years ago.

Video: "Dude, Your Links Kinda Suck."

It's the best description I've seen anywhere.
Getting Quality Links.. is easier said than done:w00t:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts