Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my website redone due to low traffic, now after about two months after launching, traffic has stopped completely (using Google analytics and it states that it is receiving info)

When I did this I wasn't told to expect any further degradation in traffic. My old site was getting two to three visits to my site everyday from my local area, now goose eggs.

Am I expecting to much?

I guess my question is why would it get worse? I dont want to name any names right now however, I found the service I am using here on these boards. I have done everything that has been asked of me

Shouldn't something be happening? Is there something I can do to find the problem myself?

Are there any services that can take an honest look and point me in the right direction, maybe for a small fee?

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Your problem is most likely the lack of google places set up properly. Lack of author rank enabled, lack of publisher rank enabled, which is essentially part of properly setting up your G+ for biz page. Your G+ link in your footer just goes back to your home page.

The sites size, on page seo, and content are fine.

If not that then it is a lack of citations. goto whitespark or moz's one whatever thats called.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your problem is most likely the lack of google places set up properly. Lack of author rank enabled, lack of publisher rank enabled, which is essentially part of properly setting up your G+ for biz page. Your G+ link in your footer just goes back to your home page.

The sites size, on page seo, and content are fine.

If not that then it is a lack of citations. goto whitespark or moz's one whatever thats called.
OK, I understand none of that. I thought I did the authoring.

Is this the stuff that killed off the traffic I did have?

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
What kind of traffic did you have, what was the source, what keyword did they use and did it convert?

3 people a day is pretty bleak.

Make sure your G+ for your biz is set up right and linked to and from your website. ask customer support to look at your G+ , they will.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Your site is 'de-indexed' (noindex)

That's your problem.

If you don't know how to fix it, - - send me your log-in info and I'll fix it real quick. ([email protected])

Although if you know anything making changes yourself, - - all you have to do is remove the letters 'no' from (from the 'noindex' code) on your index page.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
P.S. I only checked your main page, - - for all I know, - - every page is like that. If you need me to fix it, - - I'll check the other pages, too. If you do it yourself, - - make sure you check all of them . . .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your site is 'de-indexed' (noindex)

That's your problem.

If you don't know how to fix it, - - send me your log-in info and I'll fix it real quick. ([email protected])

Although if you know anything making changes yourself, - - all you have to do is remove the letters 'no' from (from the 'noindex' code) on your index page.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll discus it with the service I use.

·
Administrator
6,011 Posts
As already mentioned, it is set up not to be indexed by the search engines with this code. Since the default is to index and follow a site, there is no need for this line at all. (As it is currently written, you are telling the search engines not to include your site in the results.)

Remove this from the code on every page.
Code:
<meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow,noodp,noydir"/>

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll discus it with the service I use.
Login to your Wordpress dashboard and select "Settings" ---> Reading" and then untick the bottom box on the page. "ask search engines to.....".

Done. No need to touch any other pages.

Reactions: JonV

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Login to your Wordpress dashboard and select "Settings" ---> Reading" and then untick the bottom box on the page. "ask search engines to.....".

Done. No need to touch any other pages.

I do not have permissions to make those types of changes, should I?

I emailed my web guys about the noindex, but I haven't heard from them, is there away that I can see for myself if the change has been made. In other words where and how are you guys seeing this?

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I do not have permissions to make those types of changes, should I?

I emailed my web guys about the noindex, but I haven't heard from them, is there away that I can see for myself if the change has been made. In other words where and how are you guys seeing this?

No, - - you probably shouldn't if someone's running things for you.

But anyway, - - to see your code, - - go to your own link, and 'right-click' while hovering anywhere over the background area. Then, - - when you get a drop-down menu, - - left-click 'view source'. The line of code in question is just several lines down from the top of the page.

Looks like they already corrected for you . . . :thumbsup:

·
Lead Bloodhound
13 Posts
Looks like the noindex issue is cleaned up. If you type in site:www.jenningslandscaping.com you can see the pages indexed by Google.

Looks like a lot of your backlinks are from Forums unrelated to landscaping like mucleandbrawn.com. This doesn't necessarily hurt rankings, but it doesn't help either.

As others have said get G+ and Authorship sorted ASAP.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I know nothing about web design these days .Used to do some in the late eighties which means nothing now.
I di check out the gallery to see what your landscaping skills were and saw pictures mostly of decks and backs of houses with a bunch of green stuff in the background.
No landscaping pics to get any idea of the quality of work you do.
When I clicked back to see another picture it went to you main page and I had to click on gallery again to get to the pics.
Very aggrevating .Especially if all of your pages work this way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts