Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tattoo,

I like the layout, very easy to get around. Looks very slick and as though you worked hard on it.

What does M.A.D. stand for? Should say this on your homepage.

Your site comes off feeling very agressive. Your logo says kick butt, your graphics say kick butt and you essentially say you kick butt on your competition. This may all be true but your gallery does not support this (I do like the project you featured though, it looks great :thumbup:). I was expecting something pretty extensive to back up all the agro talk.

Testimonials are great, but the anonymous one's take away from the impact. Again, if you are going to be aggressive about laying waste to all other contractors I want to see it backed up on the site.

My feeling from the site is that you show up on time, get in there and get er' done solid and fast. If this is the market you are going for I think you're addressing it. Your bathroom project looked really nice, but that is the only thing on the site that made me feel aesthetic quality was a priority for your company.

Opinions... worth what you paid for them...

Matt

·
Registered
401 Posts
Loads fast with no unneeded graphics. :)

But...
- add more content, pictures. Expand more on the services your offer and why it is important. Assume the visitor does not know anything.
- link to reputable sources of information (BBB, building codes department at city hall, websites about waterproofing basements etc.) so they can check what you are saying. This is proven to add to your 'credibility factor'. Look at the Standford study on web credibility.

- maybe add a blog

- some information about yourself (a picture or illustration of your face etc.)

- maybe add a small contact form

Keep working on it. This is not something you 'set and forget'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your site comes off feeling very agressive. Your logo says kick butt, your graphics say kick butt and you essentially say you kick butt on your competition.

My feeling from the site is that you show up on time, get in there and get er' done solid and fast.
That's exactly what I was thinking, Matt.

I think you're going to turn off a lot of people with this (especially women). Given (as Matt put it) your "get 'er done" attitude I think the MAD, bulldog, etc image is good, but I'd frame it a little differently and even play it up a little more.

You should go for more of a "we're a raving bulldog of a construction company, but we're on your side, and isn't that where you want a raving bulldog?" kind of attitude. Talk about how you get in there and rip into your projects to get them done on time, on budget, and with minimal disruption to your clients lives.

I'd also be careful about bad mouthing the competition. It can make you sound insecure, and will generally leave a bad taste in peoples mouths. Go for more of a "yeah, the competition is good, but here's why we're great!" Or better yet, don't even mention the competition.

The "you'll be happy you called us" font at the bottom really doesn't go with the rest of the design. It looks fluffy and soft. Try some other fonts. You might also consider "call us and let us take a bite out of your project."

+1 on the anonymous testimonials. Do you think you could get them to let you put a first name and last initial? One thing I also like to do is combine testimonials and gallery pages. It lets people get an idea of the project to put with the testimonial. You can also put a little description of the project and what it proves about your ability.

Those are my 2 cents for what they're worth. Happy editing!

·
Full Service Renovations
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great feedback guys..... I appriciate it. The wording on the site will be changed a bit.... I also don't like and smack talk about the comp. I have sent some more pictures to the guy who is doing the site for me and he is also monitoring this thread for the feedback. I think its great to have some fresh eyes look things over for some new ideas.

To answer the question regarding the name.... It is an acronym for my childrens names.... Marcus, Anton, Darrian. I didn't think that DAM Renos would go over well :laughing:.

Cheers

·
Registered
401 Posts
See what it looks like when you remove the bulldog graphic in the header. For me, Bulldog + M.A.D => mad dog

That's what it feels like to me anyway. Maybe find a better connotation for the word 'MAD'. Something that your customers may find appealing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To answer the question regarding the name.... It is an acronym for my childrens names.... Marcus, Anton, Darrian.
That's a nice sentiment that I think a lot of people would find appealing. You might consider using it in your about page. Family values and all that. If you can tie it into how you'll look after their family in the construction process too you'll get bonus points.

·
Registered
50 Posts
To answer the question regarding the name.... It is an acronym for my childrens names.... Marcus, Anton, Darrian. I didn't think that DAM Renos would go over well :laughing:.
Ya... I think that was a good decision :laughing:.

Terran,

Thanks again for your help the other day over at The CC. I'm continueing to work on slipping more "calls to action" in on my site. Everyone thinks the logo looks much better now.

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would tweak your keywords in your meta tag to use more local combinations. Instead of using the area as one keyword, use the area plus the keyword together since most people will search for "renovation calgary" or "calgary contractor". If you just use the single keyword "contractor" you compete with every contractor on the internet for search engine ranking instead of just contractors in your area.

PM me if you need more info on this.

·
Bonefide Tool Freak
34 Posts
I like the overall layout of the site and the speed at which it loads. I'll 'ditto' the other posters comments about it coming off as aggressive. That may not be a bad thing though. To me, the grey color scheme detracts from the site. Add more quality pics and something about yourself that will personalize 'you' to potential clients.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i'd make sure your contact info is text based on every page in the "header" or "footer" sections of each web page; it helps with local seo. also include any social networking sites you're on in that space.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Terran,

Thanks again for your help the other day over at The CC. I'm continueing to work on slipping more "calls to action" in on my site. Everyone thinks the logo looks much better now.

Matt
Excellent! :thumbup: Happy to help.

Feel free to PM me when you finish and I'll take another look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts