Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We completely redid our website a couple of months ago (the old one was an ancient Joomla mess). I'd love to get some feedback from this forum. (We were planning on having a blog as part of the redesign, but that section has been disabled for now as the person who was supposed to come up with the regular content for it hasn't had the time.) Any thoughts?

Phillips Contracting, Inc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Phillips your site looks fine I would recommend real pictures instead of stock photos on the other pages. When people see you it makes it easier to put a name with face to use your service.

AceQp I would recommend a local number on the front page in a larger font at the top and also pictures of yourself or team. It actually helps in peoples decision making by 30% when real pictures are used.

·
Ace Quality Painting
19 Posts
Phillips your site looks fine I would recommend real pictures instead of stock photos on the other pages. When people see you it makes it easier to put a name with face to use your service.

AceQp I would recommend a local number on the front page in a larger font at the top and also pictures of yourself or team. It actually helps in peoples decision making by 30% when real pictures are used.
Thanks Johnny Mathis! Good point on the photos of the team. We are in the process of getting new photos of recent jobs. :thumbup:

·
Warton Woodworks DIY Blog
26 Posts
Hello REO services,

I have had a quick scan through your website. It appears to be very slow, I even done a speed test to confirm this. This can be a problem. A slow site may put customers off, also it may reduce your ranking on search engines such as Google. I do like the site overall though, especially the fact you are connected to social media.

your welcome to view my website, I designed it myself.

wartonwoodworks

·
Warton Woodworks DIY Blog
26 Posts
Hello acequalitypainting

I like the fact you have a blog, on your domain. It will help you alot with SEO. I beleive you could make an improvement on your navigation bar. The drop down menu (when you hover over the navigation bar) looks dark. Would be better to have white background, with black font.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Looks good but loads way to slow...almost closed out before it opened cause I wasn't sure it would be worth it, sorry. But I had taken my ADHD pill earlier and waited, looks good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
load slow. Try this!

**I'm on the phone with my web developer as I type this message, perfect timing for you...Try keeping the slider images saved under 140kb.

Hope this helps the loading...ok

Back to work. :)

-Matt O'Hara

·
Registered
4 Posts
The website is still loading super slow.
I ran a test and it takes 68.94 seconds to load.
Try using a cache wp plugin and an image plugin to compress the images.
Also, add a home link to your menu bar.
In your menu editor, just choose custom link. Then, name it home and put your url in the link spot. Click "Add to menu" and then drag the home link to the top. Click Save.
You should also fix whatever you are trying to display on the About Us page. It says contractor 01. Is that supposed to be an image?
Finally, I would add a contact form on your sidebar, in place of the search bar.
You can do that through the Widget section.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Your site needs work and it wont rank very well. Page titles are wrong, H1s are wrong, interlinking is not done, - for seo anyhow.

Unless you have about 2000 hours to come up to speed on google analytics, traffic statistic analysis, keyword research, seo, sales copy writing, visitor funneling, content curation then it isnt worth anyones time to build a site on their own.

People who do it for a living very nonchalantly put this stuff into their daily efforts, just like we would hand plane a piece of wood to make it fit better, tap a form to jiggle concrete...its nothing for us, its nothing for a good web pro either to build a fully seo optimized website that converts traffic into leads.

tldr: hire someone to build it.

·
Marketing Consultant
35 Posts
People who do it for a living very nonchalantly put this stuff into their daily efforts, just like we would hand plane a piece of wood to make it fit better, tap a form to jiggle concrete...its nothing for us, its nothing for a good web pro either to build a fully seo optimized website that converts traffic into leads.
JBM is correct. The difference perhaps is in the fact that in most cases when a contractor's job is finished, it is finished and you are on to the next. SEO, on the other hand is never done -- it is an ongoing job, for a number of reasons:

1. Search algorithms are constantly changing, and so are the ranking factors. Each search algorithm update brings about a number of new requirements you need to follow. Practices that were once helpful, become obsolete quickly, or even worse, can get you website banned from results altogether.

2. Your competitors will always be trying to step up their game and rank above you -- you will have to do better than they do at all times to secure traffic and of course, leads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts