Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. It's time to man up and get your feedback on my website. I built this using a generic website template from yola.com. It's my first website.

One question I have are how many key words are too many?

www.pdxmetropainting.com

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Website

Nice little website! It blows my mind how many contractors don't use a website. I like the amount of pics you have. I just got mine up and running recently as well. I have to spend sometime updating and making some tweaks though. I need to add some pics myself as I only have a handful now. I've been taking my camera to work daily now so I can get some good ones on there.

I've found it has really helped business since opening my site. I get a lot more phone calls and work opportunities since getting it going. I wish I had have got it up sooner.

Colin
www.coveinspirations.com

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,055 Posts
I don't think blood is the liquid I would use to describe it.

·
Eater of sins.
4,706 Posts
Oh it's not bad, Colin is absolutely right about so many contractors not having a site. A site frankly gives you a bit of legitimacy in many customer's eyes.

You can work on your site and over time get it to look a bit better, the important thing is you HAVE one.

I am working on mine now and will have it up this week. It is more important to have up and running than to have it perfect and beautiful.

There is a picture of this really ugly guy on three of the pages, can you do something about that?

Just kidding about the ugly guy thing.

Andy.

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Alright. It's time to man up and get your feedback on my website. I built this using a generic website template from yola.com. It's my first website.

www.pdxmetropainting.com

:no::no::no: :shutup:

Don't advertise your site to the public yet :no:, keep practicing, you'll eventually get it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sorry to Bust Your Bubble!

Your site looks great and a great start. Can I ask why you chose a website over a blog?

The one question you ask why contractors have no website should be easy to answer. Most do not no how! Yes they could hire it out but then they are committed to the web company that built it. $$$$$$$$$$

But a blog is so much easier plus google loves blogs. Google loves content and this is why blogs are so popular. Just think about what happens to you everyday that you could add to your blog.

Plus you can get other employees involved so that you can spread out there thoughts.

I believe you can do more with a blog then a static website just sitting there.

Just my thoughts and good luck with your site.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Look at other well designed sites that you know get good traffic and emulate what they are doing.

People are used to finding the Radio Buttons in either the top bar or on the left side primarily to click for other pages and content.

You have them scrolling all the way to the bottom.

The photo was way too large and takes up too much precious real-estate on your home page.

I only looked at the home page, so I don't know the other pages written content, but words, especially wel dispersed "Key-Words" are what the search engines pick up on.

It's better than the one I had one year ago, because I didn't have one, so just keep on working on it and adding content.

Ed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey METRO M&L, how long did it take for your Yola web site to show up on google/yahoo search engines? I built mine all day yesterday just in time for some advertising I'm going to place in a couple of community magazines, though I understand it could take up to 2 weeks before search engines recognize it.

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey METRO M&L, how long did it take for your Yola web site to show up on google/yahoo search engines? I built mine all day yesterday just in time for some advertising I'm going to place in a couple of community magazines, though I understand it could take up to 2 weeks before search engines recognize it.

I submitted it. They turned it down; I think because a competitor has a similar domain name. I asked for mercy; they relented. Took about ... a week and a half.

·
Registered
76 Posts

www.pdxmetropainting.com

Pictures need cleaned up. Link to e-mail, if I were a customer very difficult to reach you from the e-mail. Remember people browse websites quickly, make it easy for people to reach you. Your" contact us" pic change that picture. First impressions are everything. Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Website

Having a website is a must in today"s market. I commend you for building one.

Is there anyway you can move the picture on top so that it is below the page title? The words are a little hard to read being on the pictures.

Also can you make the the e-mail address on the contact page a link that people can just click on?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts