Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! My name is Ivan and I'm new to this forum. It's absolutely great that such forum exists, and I'm happy to be a part of it.:thumbup: My question is following. I've recently launched a website for my Renovation business, and would like to hear some feedback if it's possible! What do you guys think about it? What aspects would you improve if any? Looking forward to hear from you and thank you in advance. www.logdepot.com

Sincerely,
Ivan

·
Registered
819 Posts
something that jumps out at me right away is there's no logo....your company name is just typed

it makes the website look home made right from the start.....hire someone to create a logo for you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Ivan,

Although you have a very modern and simplistic website, it is my fear that it won't generate too many leads for your company. I really agree with huggytree, that you should have a logo on your site, not just your named typed out. Also, I would put some type of contact number, perhaps on the home page so that if customers are looking at it quickly they can contact you.

Another recommendation would be to add into the site some search engine optimization. This would include putting some text on the pages that are filled with key search terms specific for your area. Also, I would add different metatags and title tags that can make your website be found by search engines in google. Google doesn't see pictures, so although you have a really engaging site filled with pictures, Google looks at that as a blank webpage.

Again, I really love the simplicity of your website and think you've done a great job at captivating a more modern approach to a website, however, if you are looking to draw consumer leads in--a few changes to your site will go a long way.

I really hope that this small piece of information helped. As always, I'm open to discuss more opportunities for you and your company in Toronto! (btw, I really LOVE that city)

Best of Luck!

Megan Jansky

Reactions: EmpirePro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
something that jumps out at me right away is there's no logo....your company name is just typed

it makes the website look home made right from the start.....hire someone to create a logo for you

Hi there! Thank you so much for response! Believe it or not, but I have one! Will attach it immediately!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for such informative post Megan! I will definitely implement the instructions that you have suggested.:) Have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Your site was pretty impressive from just an aesthetics perspective. It has room for improvement, but it is pretty nicely laid out. Your menu goes past the bottom of my screen even after the header collapses. The services drop down that is.

You could use a pro's touch though as far as content, proper formatting things, organization and onpage seo goes.

What theme is that, it doesnt show up as a wordpress theme for me?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was a Squarespace template! Do you mean that drop down menu looks bad? Taking into account onpage SEO what do you mean by that? I was actually trying hard to optimize it for specific keywords.:) Should I include more text? Thank you for your help!!!

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
On my laptop the services drop down is longer then my page. I do have some plugins making my screen shorter though. If it looks ok on yours then it may be just mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I see your concern! It goes right through the header... Doesn't look nice, but at the same time I have no clue on how to optimize it in a better way. All services that I've put there represent our company, and l can't get rid of them to be honest! Thank you for the notice anyway! By the way, on mobile devices it looks just fine!

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Do you want , or do you need, your website to start generating you work soon? If you do then you should hire a pro to do it. by the time you realize you may not be able to do it you will be approaching July and by the time a pro takes it over it wont rank until september or october or later.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Websites will cost you between 1k-5k. Local seo can be done for under 1k. Organic seo is a crap shoot. There really are so many people who are horrible at it or just dont care. I would sink some time and effort into local seo for a while and a website with a good blog strat. A nice 50 page website will do some of the heavy lifting for you right off, so start there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Ivan,

A couple of my first suggestions would be to optimize your website with On-page SEO. This would include in my first post regarding your page titles on your website, and other data that is built into the site. Knowing what types of keywords to put on your page can help, and I usually advise my clients on targeting more specific keywords for their search.

The second objective would be to start blogging. Blogging adds continually new content to your website. This would be effective to let Google and other search engine sites know that you are continually adding and changing your site.

Finally, I would find ways to link my site to other sites though a good link building strategy. There are many theories out there, but many Google experts believe that link building is the "secret sauce" to SEO and getting found online.

A word of caution regarding SEO companies--there are many out there that will offer you "front page of google" for a very low cost. The biggest problem with these companies is they perform "black hat SEO." Companies that use "White hat SEO" services will work for you to build a genuine quality and quantity of good backlinks to your site.
Obviously there are many companies out there that will do work for you for a very low cost. However, just like in the home improvement arena a lower cost doesn't necessarily mean a better service.

·
Marketing Ninja
26 Posts
Ivan, answer these questions:

When a prospect visits your site are they given a reason to be engaged? You have 5 seconds to do this, or they hit the back button.

Is there something that draws them into your business and guides them towards taking a specific action with you?

The site looks clean and nice. But my advice is not to treat your website like a brochure. Your have an opportunity to develop a 24/7 sales mechanism in your website. Use it!

If your goal is lead gen (and I assume it is), try these changes:

Use a compelling, benefits driven headline on the front page
Have an opt in form where prospects can provide their email address in exchange for valuable info.
Put testimonials on every page
Use calls to action
Keep your phone number in the upper right corner on all pages
Your copy should focus on the benefits to the customer. Why should they work with you? How will their life improve if they use your products/service?

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Your header should have your biz name and phone number. Your site looks like you made it yourself, i see no seo or anything that will bring you leads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Power! Can I see your website? I was doing local search and all contractors' websites in my area look pretty similar... By the way, what do you mean by SEO? Wrong keywords? Thank you for response!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Ivan,

SEO is the abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. What that means, is specifically what are people typing into a search engine like Google, to find your site. For example, if you are in the bathroom remodeling business-- people might type in bathroom remodel, bathroom remodeling contractor, bathroom remodeling ideas---All three of those would be potentially good keywords. To make your keyword strategy even better...meaning to be found on Google-- I would add on several different "localized" terms. If you are in Chicago, you could put Bathroom Remodeling Company Chicago, as part of your keyword strategy or Chicago Bathroom Remodler. There are many different keyword tools that you can use to help you decide what keywords to add into your site. These keywords should be all over your site-- in meta data, title tags, alt tags, text, etc.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hi there! Thank you so much for response! Believe it or not, but I have one! Will attach it immediately!
I see your logo now......you need to hire someone to make you a new one...I wouldn't consider that a proper logo.......not much better than the original typed name

sorry to be harsh

I know someone who designs them...I believe she charges $1,500 or so and gives you a bunch of choices...she's good

1 - 20 of 47 Posts