Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been contemplating goin the website route for quite awhile now but i live/work in a pretty rural area. "City" and surrounding area is 12k ppl i would say then from there its a good hour drive to civilization of signifigance. My question is has anyone in small areas had success with websites or did you find better ways to advertise?

·
Sean
5,532 Posts
In rural area's people will generally utilize a small classifieds paper, word of mouth, church, internet, yellow book in that order. Each area is different - some places are tech heavy where the internet is higher on the list.

Do you need a web site - YES & being that you are in a small area, you need to be on page 1 & should be, because most rural companies don't bother still.

You also need to look into what papers people generally go to when they need items & have an ad in there. Your website should be listed in the ad along with every other form of advertising you do (shirts, truck signage, Business cards, etc...)

Word of mouth will take time to get, but do the job right, the first time & be there when you say you will. Visit the local Realtors, ins. companies, local Chamber of Commerce, BBB, etc... to get your name out there.

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
I am in a fairly rural area and I think my website is a huge advantage.

It hit the first page on google within a day and there are no other contractors with websites around. I'd say that at least 60% of my leads come from the website, the rest from word of mouth.

I've also gotten calls from property maintenance companies that take care of bank branches here in town and calls from the gas company, all from the website.

·
Banned
4 Posts
rural area

I live in a rural area of about 7000 people, my website is the best thing I ever did..................................:clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts