1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
The ones that I know charge $350 - 600.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
It totally depends on what your looking for but I would say teetorbilt is about correct. If you give us an example site I can give you a more exact figure.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Both Nathan and I, and probably a few of the others have done our own. It's much cheaper :) But as far as price for a designer - you can go from a freebie job to 15000 or higher if you want. For some sites I've coded I charge 800 - 1000 for a directory.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Rich said "Both Nathan and I, and probably a few of the others have done our own. It's much cheaper But as far as price for a designer..."

But to that I say that not everyone has your ability and your website is how people see you. DO NOT do it yourself if you don't know what your doing. It will look like manure then YOU will look like manure.

Also the rate varies on what you want done. The last year I was in the design business I called around to some of the big guys in the area. They wanted $3,500 for a 5 page static site. They wanted $120 an hour to do php code.

My site would costed about $10,000 at those rates!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Grumpy said:
Rich said "Both Nathan and I, and probably a few of the others have done our own. It's much cheaper But as far as price for a designer..."

But to that I say that not everyone has your ability and your website is how people see you. DO NOT do it yourself if you don't know what your doing. It will like like manure then YOU will look like manure.

Also the rate varies on what you want done. The last year I was in the design business I called around to some of the big guys in the area. They wanted $3,500 for a 5 page static site. They wanted $120 an hour to do php code.

My site would costed about $10,000 at those rates!
man I would be rich if someone paid me that amount of money to do web work.... when I was doing it, I charged 500 for a 5 page static site.

I charged another lady only 800 for a full fledged dynamic site with TONS of php work, a solid 50 hours of php.

now I'm doing construction and getting my contractors license soon (hopefully)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It depends on what your end purpose is for having a website. If you just want one that you will be sending your customers to then have someone design it and put it on a cheap host.

If you a trying to develop a site that will bring in customers then you need much more than just someone to design your site. There are over 6 million websites out there, many who never get a visitor from the search engines.

If you want people to find your site then you need a site that is "spider friendly". I have seen many very pretty sites and the contractor wonders why he is not receiving any business leads from the internet. Usually they have paid a big price for a fancy site that is completely ignored by the search engines.

I use and highly recommend Sitebuild. It is very user friendly and you can have your own site up and running in just a short time even if you know very little about computers. They will also provide you with a list of webmasters that will build your site for you at a very reasonable cost. Currently they are offering 100.00 off with a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Here is the link.

http://www.sitesell.com
Once you have it up I will be happy to link to you which will insure that your site is spidered promptly.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Don't use a service or pay someone to tell you how to get your site spidered. What a scam. I've never paid someone to find links for me or paid for a link. And I think Nathan can attest to where my site ranks :)

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Hatchet I would consider paying a service to optimize the site if you didn't design the site yourself optimizing it may be out of your grasp.

Why would you ever pay someone to build a house for you when you can do it yourself?! GC's are such a scam!

See my point? You did alot of research learning how to optimize and submit your site, some people just don't have the time nor do they want to be bothered, especially if they have only one web site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts