Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

me and one of the guys I work with were having a disscusion today about what is the correct way to weave the first double course when shingling.
I was brought up being taught that you weave the first course the same way you would weave in the field, which to me would be shingle the under course on one side of the corner, and then fit the under course and the finish course for the opposite side of the corner. Then fit, plane, and pin the finish shingle on the first side of the corner over both the under course and finish course.
While the guy that works for me would rather weave the under course and then weave the finish course over that alternating the weave

Just curious which way everyone else weaves there first course

·
Registered
851 Posts
hey everyone,

me and one of the guys I work with were having a disscusion today about what is the correct way to weave the first double course when shingling.
I was brought up being taught that you weave the first course the same way you would weave in the field, which to me would be shingle the under course on one side of the corner, and then fit the under course and the finish course for the opposite side of the corner. Then fit, plane, and pin the finish shingle on the first side of the corner over both the under course and finish course.
While the guy that works for me would rather weave the under course and then weave the finish course over that alternating the weave

Just curious which way everyone else weaves there first course
Pin the finish shingle? Son when we was lacing outside corners we would lock the corners with a 5p galvanized nail. That's when you know you have a perfect fitting undercourse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts