Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fine Deckbuilder
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody of you guys used Weatherready decking from www.Gossencorp.com
I have a deck builder in Washington State asking for my opinion but I never used it.
Love to hear some feedback if you do.
Thanks

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Never used it My Friend but big red flag comes up when I read Revolutionary and will not expand or cotract. Track record is the only bottom line, only way to get that is fasten it down and wait. JonMon

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,366 Posts
The stuff looks like Ameradeck decking that I like using. This stuff is a solid board tho & set up for HFS with a groove.

The pvc decking does not expand & contract like other composites, I cut it tight on joints. It does not absorb stains & is scratch resistant.

All that said I can build someone a garapa deck for less $ than composite & can do ipe for the same $ as most composites & less than the high dollars ones like azek. Most folks that want composite I steer away from it towards ipe, did it on the last 2 decks I completed.

For those that just have to have composite I try to sell them Ameradeck. Face screwed with Headcoats it looks pretty good, I like the stuff.

The thing with so many composites is how long are they going to be in business. It always seems like a crapshoot buying from a new composite company. If I were to recommend one I'd say go with one of the more established companies, not a new one.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Far as price goes, Al you are so right. I just bid a project around a School 1000 sq ft the money was around $11,500 for moisture shield The George at East Teaks bill was $4,500 for ipe. It was a gloified walk way with a 38' wheel chair ramp so everything was 5' and 6' and George had a lot of those to turn but still thats a lot of differance. J.

·
hurtlocker
555 Posts
just did a big deck with weather ready
Good things
light
cuts nice
easy to clean
looks good

Bad things
blind fastening used the tiger claws as recomended did not work very well
I used a lighter color It is blinding in the sun
it does expand and contract
slippery when wet
very weak at 16 oc their is flex between joists

I will never use it again
I t would be one thing if it had a great price point
but it is equal or a little more than its comp

just my experience and thoughts
good luck

·
Fine Deckbuilder
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the response,
very useful information.
I will forward it to my friend in Washington State.
Clemens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts