Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weatherization workers? Why did they have to come up with this and how can someone be expected to compete with them in the business when they set the prevailing wage so low? In Ct where I am it is under what labors make with no requirement for fringes. They already had an insulator rate and a carpenter rate. Anybody else run into this? By the way the rate is only $12 per hour Walmart starts at $9.50 how can this be right. Well you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's set at $12/hr in my county too. The difference is, that's pretty good money around here. Residential carpenter prevailing wage is $8.16 here.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's set at $12/hr in my county too. The difference is, that's pretty good money around here. Residential carpenter prevailing wage is $8.16 here.

Prevailing wage for residential carpenters here is $18.70 and before I started my own business when I worked on jobs requiring it we where paid more than that

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Geez...and just last week everyone was complaining that they'd be required to pay prevailing wages, thinking the wages would be too high and make their prices too high....lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its because we are 5 times better carpenters up here ;) Yeah the mines help out a bunch up here with the wages thats for sure. How is the insulation biz down in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has any body heard about these programs? I heard that the wages for the guys were low, but it beets sitting at home.

How do you get contracts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts