Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site looking for info on preservation work, wow awesome information, especially from Linda. I've been a contractor for 40 years, begain in Vermont, went to New Haven, CT for about 20 off and on, doing mostly commercial renovation and high end residential. And throughout cleanout work for HUD and various realtors in CT, VT, FL and NH. Moved back to NH in 98 after selling CT biz and have done mostly homes, residential remodeling and some commercial as well as the same in FL, until that state went bust. Just got my HERS rating certification and am concentrating on green building and energy efficiency. Beginning a total renovation of a 30s Hotel in Vermont and have just got notification that I will be doing preservation work in VT, NH and CT. As busy as it sounds, it has been my slowest two years ever and always looking for more opportunities to expand biz. Did get a lot of work from Craig's List, mostly replacement windows and one has to be willing to do some traveling, but hey in this economy, ya gotta do what ya gotta do..mike weatherby

Mike Weatherby
Weatherby & Associates
941-993-2618
603-835-5543
[email protected]
wholehouseperformance.com

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Hi from the Sunshine State! Jump on the pile any time that feels froggy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry bout location mixup. My office is now in Bellows Falls Vermont in the hotel Windham bldg. which we start remodeling as soon as the banks come through..sound familiar. my home office is in alstead, nh across the connecticut river about 5 miles. Yep, used to have a thriving business in Sarasota, FL during the winter months, but with the real estate debacle that all dried up. As far as Connecticut goes, most of my work was in New Haven County, I built most of the bars and restaurants in the seventies, Toads Place, Cavanaugh's, Tavern on the Green and Purple Cadillac, Partners and the Inside Out Pub not to mention a few after hours joints. We also did numerous doctor's offices built the largest solar panel in CT back then and s passive solar development in Bethany, CT..three blocks of storefronts on Whalley Avenue for a city restoration project and the Woodbridge Country Club. Now I'm pretty much in VT and NH statewide though I have traveled to other states to do work..mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts