Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just feel the need to let you all know we have lost an amazingly talented CT member. My name is Matt and my brother Mike aka Trimchiree here on CT passed away on Monday December 15th. Michael taught me everything I know about carpentry and will be greatly missed. His talent and love for the work he did was unlike any other. I mean really, who trims out curved rafter tails with aluminum? But that was what he loved. He was always seeking new ways to do thing better because in the end getting paid was second on his list and doing amazing work that he could be proud of was always number one. He was 100% committed to perfection.

He loved woodworking and building furniture in his spare time. He has truly done some amazing things. A couple years back Mike hand crafted beautiful jewelry boxes for our mother and grandmother that brought them to tears on Christmas Day. Now Michael's ashes are inside of that box upon a shelf with my parents. He leaves behind shoes that will never be filled, but I promise I will always do my best to work like he did.

I'm sorry, I'm not that great of a writer and my mind has been a jumbled mess lately. I just seem to have too many thoughts racing at once. I will add some pictures of Mike and his work for you all to see just how awesome he was.

I felt the need to let you all know. I know he loved this site because it was full of members just like him who truly have a passion for what they do. Please keep Mike, my family, and I in your thoughts and prayers as we could use it during this difficult time. I plan on sticking around and look forward to getting to know you all. Thanks.

-Matt

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Matt...

That had to be tough to write.

Thoughts and prayers for you and all the family from here

·
Super Moderator
25,783 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a true craftsman and took much pride in his work.

If anyone is interested in seeing his past posting, I think this will work. I took the liberty of tracking down his user profile and finding the link to his postings.

http://www.contractortalk.com/search.php?searchid=6445450

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. All the best to you and yours.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts