5,234 Posts
I feel like I just walked into an infomercial

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sorry i thought this was a contractor forum, where we share our experience

Nathan said:
I would delete the post as spam if he actually advertised something lol... strange
I am not here to spam, i am here to share what i have learned to be the most effective way to market a roofing business.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Sierra Roofing said:
I am not here to spam, i am here to share what i have learned to be the most effective way to market a roofing business.
Sorry, its just a little strange for a first post. A lot of people come here to try and advertise something and they do some pretty crazy things to get around our advertising rules.

If I was wrong I am sorry and welcome to the board...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Posting Has been Edited

Nathan said:
Sorry, its just a little strange for a first post. A lot of people come here to try and advertise something and they do some pretty crazy things to get around our advertising rules.

If I was wrong I am sorry and welcome to the board...
Sorry Board if your felt it was spam, the only reseason i posted it was it is my first time on the site, and i wanted to give some useful advise. I wish you the best of luck, and now know how things are run. I will keep my ideas to myself

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
It's probably the recent surge of roofing business consultants to hit the market. I don't know what it is, but this year has BOOMED for these people. RSI (Roofing Sucess INternation) Roof Dog Across America... man I get so much junk mail from people who claim to have the key to the million dollar roofing business when in reality a million bucks in roofing isn't very much, and isn't that hard to do if you know how to hire the right employees. It's insane the volume of junk mail I get for these types of services.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Amen Grumpy,

I must get 4-5 pieces of junk mail everyday, marketing gurus, credit card offers, CC processing, everybody & their brother has something I really need to buy that will take my business over the top. 99.9% goes straight to the trash can.

G

·
Grumpy said:
It's probably the recent surge of roofing business consultants to hit the market. I don't know what it is, but this year has BOOMED for these people. RSI (Roofing Sucess INternation) Roof Dog Across America... man I get so much junk mail from people who claim to have the key to the million dollar roofing business when in reality a million bucks in roofing isn't very much, and isn't that hard to do if you know how to hire the right employees. It's insane the volume of junk mail I get for these types of services.
Hi Grumpy & all my other fellow hard working roofing contractors. My name is Todd Martin. I, like you guys, am a hard working roofer. This is only my 31st year roofing. I started when I was 15 years old! I have made a lot of mistakes along the way and have learned a lot about roofing and advertising along the way. I do want to talk roofing business with my fellow roofing contractors. We all work so hard (rated worst job to have ‘Time Magazine’ along with lumberjacks.)
I happen to be the registered owner of http://www.NoAdsAllowed.com . I am deeply saddened by your remarks about my roofing dog. I am not giving junk information or junk mail. I have truly found a way to drastically increase my sales and profits and want to share it with my fellow roofers. I would like you to put yourself in my shoes and view both of my new websites. ( http://www.NoAdsAllowed.com &http://www.NoAdsAllowed.com ) Then you would appreciate all I have learned and done with my 31 year roofing career so far.
Please allow myself and my fellow roofing contractors to talk and respond to each other with all of our best interests in mind. Lets share all of our knowledge with each other sincerely, without the knocking of each other.

P.S. I felt bad to read Sierra Roofing’s apology for sharing his roofing knowledge with us! I was saddened that he now feels he has to keep his ideas to himself. I hope he and all of us roofers continue to share our ideas with each other. I too want to apologize if I sound mad, I’m not! I want to feel I don’t have to worry about expressing my ideas to any other fellow roofer out there. I too am trying to help roofing contractors to prosper like I am now doing. “Finally after 31 years of all that hard work!” Please don’t be afraid to let roofing contractors or roofers in general advertise or share what really works for all of us to prosper. It would be a crime to view other fellow roofing contractor’s ideas good or bad. Let the roofers share and decide for themselves what is spam advertising or a great discovery or idea that would help fellow roofing contractors. Please don’t be afraid to print this post. It too is my first post and I do look forward to chatting and meeting you all someday.

Signed your new friend and fellow roofer.

I’m quitting for now. (8:40 P.M.)

G

·
ProWallGuy said:
Please read the rules regarding advertising. They are a sticky at the top of every forum.
I am printing out the rules now. My intensions are not to advertise, but now that you mention it. I would be intrested in purchasing a advertising spot. I do want to share my fortunate advertising ideas. I want to share with as many roofers as i can how my buisness has grown 600% almost over night 3 years ago. I hope you dont think im spamming(whatever the hell that means) but I like thousands of other roofing contractors out here want to share ideas to help each others roofing businesses. The only thing i've ever sold for the past 30 years are roofs. Please dont try boot me out because I have a lot of great shared ideas from other roofing contractors for other roofing contractors. A lot of them our in our chicagoland market. I will read the rules, again I hope to discuss in detail some of my fortunate tools introduced to me by other roofing contractors. P.S. I am leaving for Mississippi to help out down there, i'll reply soon. I will try to keep my posts short from now on. :Thumbs:

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Martin, I was talking trash, I have the uncanny tendency to that from time to time.

Also, make sure you grap some of that cajun spiced crawdad while in MS, I hear the restaurants on the cost cut the fisherman right out of the loop on that product.:cheesygri

Bob

G

·
I would like to make a correction on my first post. My employee typed in toward the end "It would be a crime to view other fellow roofing contractors ideas good or bad." It was supposed to read It would be a crime (NOT) to view other fellow roofing contractors ideas good or bad. I am officially hitting the road now to MS.

P.S. I am not a computer buff. I do not know how to turn on a computer, let alone operate one. Thanks and I am now well aware of the rules. I think you guys are pretty cool for helping me out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
George Z,

Noticed you mentioned Monopolize Your Marketplace. The MYM materials seem perfect for the roofing business but do you know of any verifiable success stories? I know contractors that have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in MYM without a return on investment.

MYM does not seem to have referrals regarding roofing contractors expect for one involving a storm chaser. Storm chasing and giving away “free roofs” is a totally different sale than marketing where you expect your price to be 1/3 to double the low-ballers.

Looking for verifiable MYM success stories.

Thanks…

Richard Kaller

1 - 20 of 23 Posts