Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We all know that if you didn’t love Blasting (No matter how small or large your company) we wouldn’t be on this site on our free time talking about it.
But, the people behind US, your wife, Kids who ever it is. Once in a while we mention them.
So this thread is dedicated to them. No shops talk just to tell us about them!!
(This is the internet so please be careful on name drops.)
Thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
I have 3 boys as well, 3,8 and 13. Non of them seem to have an interest in my shop except for the 3 year old who thinks the fork lifts are neat. The two oldest are wrestlers and I am a coach on one of our local wrestling teams. My 13 year old holds 6 state championships with a triple crown and my 8 year old has 4 state championships. The three year old gets his chance on the mat next year, he can't wait, already knows more than more 10 year olds. my wife is a hag!! jk man shes gonna kill me if she were to ever read this.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
well i started the blasting part of my business myself 2 years ago (im 24 now) it was all on me and i didnt have support from no 1. it since had gone south and im selling the equipment. its great to hear when you have support from others. this and like others things in my life, im usually alone and dont have a support system in some ways, but i still keep my head up and keep trying. try and fail but dont fail to try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my family

I have a loving wife and two great kids (4 year old boy and 8 year old girl). My family really stands behind me even my mother in law. She has been a big help during the past week. I was doing a show in Moultrie Ga. (farm expo) and she kept with everything i needed to pull it off. Got a lot of biz out of that show. :thumbup:

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Plazaman, I don't presume to know your situation but I would say if you want any venture to work you can never give up. I imagine you could blast on weekends untill while you maintain other employment. We are all here for you when you need support. I say stay with it and your time will come.

·
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Good Call Betterblast, I'm really slowing down now, boat rush is over.
So I'm Painting houses with an old friend right now in between blasting.

Plazman-
The times get hard and even online friends know what your going through.
Keep ya head up.

Jim

·
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hockey Started a week ago for my 12 year old, this means every weekend till march (sat & sunday) I'm a rink rat.

My youngest is just finishing up soccer, 2 more games

The oldest just moved out with his new gal.... We'll see how long that last. been 1 week and he's asking for $$ :no:

The Sun goes down at 5 pm and it getting Cold out, in the low 30's
But days are in high 40 & 50's I think the Indian Summer almost over.

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
come on 58 veiws and no one has family or kids there proud of ?????
The OP specified blasting. If we're all invited, then yes when I am in a 130 degree attic with no lights I always think of my 7 year old daughter and it helps justify everything I do.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
1 teenage daughter, supportive wife, supportive family. Enjoy blasting although it's becoming a smaller part of my business. At some point everyone in my immediate family has been on a job of mine. Father in law has invested and is always interested in the 'goings ons' of the business.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts