Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a rancher that I recently completed. The homeowner will be living with her mother who is in her 80's and in a wheelchair. I have no idea how she is going to get into the house and I hope that she doesn't send her mother for the mail. We couldn't get it into the ground any deeper b/c it was too hard to dig without getting a hammer.

BTW, all grading was done with the excavator.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
What is planned to hide the foundation?

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is planned to hide the foundation?
Nothing I guess. You see Tyvek around the garage door and to the left of that is a man door. That was framed with wood and will get cultured stone.

·
Contractor
7,289 Posts
Not much more you could have done with that lot.

If you set the foundation any deeper, you would have one heck of a slope in the back, probably would have had to clear the wooded area another 20 feet to make the slope workable.

Maybe they just leave "granny" in the garage? :shifty:

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
So where are the front and rear porches and steps?

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Most folks around here put up cultured stone on the foundation or just leave it be. There are also plywood "stone imitations" panels out there for a reasonable price that can be fastened to the foundation giving it that stone look but a lot less money.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yard looks like its going to be fun to get the grass growing. Rino, you guys have a swinger on that hoe? We've got one on our 200 and its like having a Gradall. Real nice looking work with the hoe.

Just realized this post is about 3 years old. Ha ha. Nice work still though.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Good eye on being an old post. I just replied to it thinking it was a new post, i didnt drag it out of the archives. We have older posts just popping up or what???

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yard looks like its going to be fun to get the grass growing. Rino, you guys have a swinger on that hoe? We've got one on our 200 and its like having a Gradall. Real nice looking work with the hoe.

Just realized this post is about 3 years old. Ha ha. Nice work still though.
No swinger ;)

We actually have a helac, but it is for a Case 160. Bought it at an auction for $800. Just need to get it line bored to fit.

The homeowner had stone placed on the exposed foundation in front and has grass in the back and on the sides. The hill in the front is still bare. The contractor also built steps going up to the front door, which I doubt they use.

·
Contractor
7,289 Posts
Moxley-Kidwell;1177577........ Just realized this post is about 3 years old. Ha ha. Nice work still though.[/QUOTE said:
Good eye on being an old post. I just replied to it thinking it was a new post, i didnt drag it out of the archives. We have older posts just popping up or what???

With the work load like it is.......This economy........We will all have to start recycling our old job photos! :laughing: :sad:

Just to have something to look at and talk about.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Maybe tomorrow I'll start on my Arc. If this f'ing rain doesn't stop I'm going to lose my mind. Had the guys doing soil cement by hand yesterday to try to get a road to pass proof roll so we can make it black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts