Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a quality waterborne poly that can be sprayed or brushed, depending on the situation. What are you all using these days? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
9,607 Posts
Target shipping is wacky, never ships when they say and never receive it when they say and they are in my state

Their EM6000, is very good

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use vermont natural coatings polywhey for flooring and architectural woodwork. I've even used it on some furniture projects. I'm most familiar with the floor finish. However, I have worked with their furniture finish. The floor finish is very user friendly for brushing, good flow, dries fast and good self-leveling. The furniture finish is designed to not sag on vertical surfaces so it's pretty terrible to brush (leaves brush marks). However, the furniture finish can be sprayed. If I were ever to get a for-real spray rig I would probably try out the polywhey furniture finish in that context

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the responses. Before I posted I was looking at ML Campbell, General Finishes, and Target. I can get MLC and GF here and appreciate the heads up RRK on the Target shipping issues. I decided on GF enduro-var with one reason being it's locally available. I even picked up some enduro wb stain to experiment with. I was going back and forth at the paint store and finally decided to go for it. I have worked with mostly wb top coats, but never used wb stain. I understand there is a learning curve to that. This is for cabinets and woodwork in my house that I'm building/replacing. It will be fun to use new products and learn some new techniques for finishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts