Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off im not a plumber... i can glue a little pvc but thats about it lol

We built my bro in law a home a few months back and he told me the other day that his water in the master bath doesnt get hot... just warm... Mmy first thought was the tempering (sp) valves but the sink doesnt either and its direct piped.... His house is plumbed with pex pipe with a manibloc manifold. the master bath is actually the closest thing to the manifold.

The plumber who done the job has become unreachable and my bro in law is looking to me to get this resolved because i hired the plumber... I'm not sure where to start looking... I

Is it possible to get communication between the hot and cold side of the manifold? if so shouldnt i see this in more places than just the master bath? Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Pop the finish off the shower mixer, close the integral stops, and see if the sink now works correctly. If it does, then take out the mixer cartridge and reinstall correctly or replace it if it's failed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Was thinking this might help idk

Feeling the pipes could be helpful...you can feel if a pipe is getting fully hot water or not after it's been running for a while (just check out a working hot water line in the house to get an idea of what the "right" feel is)

When you go from hot to not so hot you've found the location of your problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts