Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will anyone help me with this problem?
I have an old water heater having problem leaking water out of its relief valve. I finally decided to change it out for a new one. Guess what happens? the new water heater is even leaking out more water. Is this normal? I would not think so, but I am out of idea. Maybe the new water heater is defected. Should I change it out again? My friend told me that the pressure coming into my house is too great, and this problem is for the city water dept to handle. What do you think? any suggestion or advice is greatly appreciated. :cry:

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
In my area the home owner is responsible to put a pressure regulator on the system. You can buy a cheap pressure tester that connects ot a washer bib or the water heater drain. Should read about 45 to 50 psi. If you don't see a regulator someplace on your water line that is probably your problem and the high pressure can cause you other grief as well. Hope that helps. There should be some plumbers around here that can add to or correct my information.RT

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would also look to see if you have a check vavle on the meter or the service line. If that is the case you will need to install a exspantion tank, beacuse it has made a close loop system and the hot water has no were to exspand to and this will make you have to much pressure built up in the hot water system, thus making the t and p drain water.

As for the pressure being to high, I would look and see how high it is about 90 and below you should not have much of a problem above 90 I would say yes it is to high and you as the home owner will have to install a prv ( pressure regulating valve).
good luck
Justin
nguyenth4 said:
Will anyone help me with this problem?

I have an old water heater having problem leaking water out of its relief valve. I finally decided to change it out for a new one. Guess what happens? the new water heater is even leaking out more water. Is this normal? I would not think so, but I am out of idea. Maybe the new water heater is defected. Should I change it out again? My friend told me that the pressure coming into my house is too great, and this problem is for the city water dept to handle. What do you think? any suggestion or advice is greatly appreciated. :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.