Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I hadn't done one, never seen one built. It does seems pretty practical though. It said no experience needed, that's hard to believe.:laughing:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Enjoyed video ! I have been intrigued by masonry stoves ever since I bought a copy of David Lyle's book soon after it came out.

Never built one though;I imagine they would be sorta pricy. Someone would have to have a good appreciation of their potential before they would pop for one.

It seemed like some of the components in video were from a kit. Did anyone else think that also ?

Also, what was the copper tubing all about ?

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The copper tubing was for radiant heating and hot water!

Thats what im so excited about!

It would be something the younger masons who have the time to master building these things should learn as the costs of energy are just going to go up.

No creosote, no smoke pollution, tons of heat -sounds like a no brainer. Whats 30k once when people spend 2k a winter on oil?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
.....yeah, I have a heat pump myself. This has been one more nasty winter, and I don't remember the last time I heard turn off. And my highest power bill has just been $375.00. I like turning that dial for my heat too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts