Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you get a phone call from Amerinational, Inc to "verify your company address" HANG UP!

A few months ago, we got just a call. We had been signing up for a lot of government contracting stuff, so we thought it was part of that. We NEVER CREATED AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM OR AUTHORIZED ANYTHING, JUST UPDATED AN ADDRESS! Now, they have "settled" a $500 "directory inclusion" bill with us to close an account we never authorized for 129.95! Because we rely on our D&B rating, that they threatened to report to, we were stuck.

Learn our lesson, don't be "slammed" by companies putting out "directories" for the government!

D Bennett, CIO
The Floating Dock Shop
http://www.floatingdockshop.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
illegal

I hope you did not pay those guys. All you need to tell them
is that the individual who they spoke to does not have authorization to make financial decsions. Then ask them where they are located, what is the CEO's name and tell them that you will be contacting their State Attorney's office.

They try to threaten you to pay by saying they will ruin your name and probably even played a recording of the phone call. Do not pay them!

It is a scam and the State Attorney's office may be interested...
 

·
DGR,IABD
Joined
·
9,683 Posts
AaronO said:
They try to threaten you to pay by saying they will ruin your name and probably even played a recording of the phone call. Do not pay them!
Tough talk, for sure, but this guy is really in a jam. He's got his D&B on the line. Even though he has a legitimate reason to not pay, he really can't stand the temporary bruise on the D&B, especially if he has bids out. He's in a jam, and the easiest thing to do was for him to just pay the bill and spread the word. I feel for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,265 Posts
mdshunk said:
Tough talk, for sure, but this guy is really in a jam. He's got his D&B on the line.
I say f#*k D&B. What the hell do they do for me? Nothing! They need to stay the hell out of my buisness and stop calling me wanting big bucks for the 'privelege' of managing the data that in their files. Data that starts with vendors THAT I PAY!

Do you perceive some value in subscribing?
 

·
Pro Painter
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
There is no way in hell some schmuck is going to get me to give him money for some crap like that. Are they local to you? I woulda asked for the address so I could resolve any discrepancies in person. I can't believe anyone would let somebody do this to them. That's like giving your lunch money to the bully and you haven't even found out if he can really kick your ass or not... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Eclecticd,

Do you think a vendor or customer checking your D&B rating as one of many resources for checking a company would be interested regarding a $129 dispute?

If you haven't already paid the $50 if it were me I would put it back in my pocket. If a negative report showed on my D&B which is highly unlikely the vendor would be reported for reporting false and misleading information.

Just my 2 cents. We see these scams on unsuspecting contractors often.

Richard Kaller
 

·
FRAME ON!
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
AaronO said:
I hope you did not pay those guys. All you need to tell them
is that the individual who they spoke to does not have authorization to make financial decsions. Then ask them where they are located, what is the CEO's name and tell them that you will be contacting their State Attorney's office.

They try to threaten you to pay by saying they will ruin your name and probably even played a recording of the phone call. Do not pay them!

It is a scam and the State Attorney's office may be interested...
That is cheeken sheet.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top