Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Client wanted simple walking paths across a steep hillside. Trees and shrubs coming soon to help stabilize the soil. They didn't want anything fancier like terraces, but now that I look at it I wonder how much of a safety hazard this is.

Plant Natural landscape Road surface Land lot Wood

Plant Land lot Road surface Natural landscape Shade

Attachments

·
Radical Basement Dweller
33,193 Posts
You see trails through the woods all the time that are nothing more than cleared pathways.
Dunno...will have to keep a watch on it and maybe adjust accordingly.
My initial thoughts are...it's either going to need a lot of foot traffic or have something applied to keep the plant growth down.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,674 Posts
An Appalachian Trail hiker could run that blindfolded. Your grandma, not so much.

So safety-wise, it's pretty much a case of who's going to be using the trails. Either way, that needs a good root system to keep everything in place, ASAP.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Looks unfinished. Needs gravel, crushed granite … something. The piles of dirt on the downhill side contribute to the unfinished look.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
it looks fine to me .guess it depends on your soil . i see lots of this on public and private property .maybe i am missing something but it seems fine to me .nice clean flat trails .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts