Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
bring it in as 'prepared' to get top dollar.......

J/K Bri:thumbsup:

Next project?
It looks to be of the wrong color?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Is that a cordwood saw? It looks a little like the one I grew up with on the farm...about the same size blade.:laughing:

Seriously, what do you cut with it?
Joe

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
your kidding.... right- if it's wood, anything you want to throw at....... it EATS wood......:laughing: It is truly the Mother of ALL table saws IMPO..... it is definitely an intimidating saw,,,,,, but will do what ever you ask of it......:thumbsup:

,, it really is incredible how smooth and accurate the 260 is... it's a pleasure to even push the start button!!!!:clap::laughing: I am so stoked,:thumbup: but like I said,,, now the dialog... I don't know the condition as of yet, I just got what information I already knew... and no info on what is coming with it, yada,yada,yada,, but hey. if the owner says it's all there & all is good mechanically and there are no discernible issues,,,,,then that 260 is SOLD! .... well see...cyber mail has been implimented and the dialog has been transfered... in other words - he got my frikin message.......:laughing:..... but I have been here before... many times....:whistling:laughing: this Arn stuff.... it's a freaking disease.....:laughing: but you can't and never will get this quality machinery like this- used, at these prices....IMPO for a while- !:thumbup:

B,

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got off the phone with the seller and it was obvious to me that he doesn't know much about the 260. There are no miter gages, no quadrant - no type E fence and he wasn't even aware that the table slides, well at least it is supposed to but if it's been locked up like that since they had it I can just imagine what the condition of the roller bearings are for the table......

it's not looking good.......:sad:

B,

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea,
he admitted right off the bat that he doesn't know much about it. He was in the rigging business apparently and they use to take this out on the job site.....:blink: really:eek: I kid you not! He said it has been bolted on that pallet and they would take it to the job site and have a front loader take it off and use it for ripping wood for their needs, just sounds a little odd- he said it's better than using a circular saw.....just doesn't make much sense and may be a story- I would like to know how you rip would without a fence.........:rolleyes::laughing:

But I totally agree with you D, most of them are clueless about what they are selling, IMO, it's good for negotiating, but lousy when you need more "knowledgeable-factual" information about the equipment....:rolleyes:

I already know he is not getting the asking price, not in that condition, missing accessories and no knowledgeable information about her , I think it may be less than what we talked about D...... :laughing: he can either take it- get her out , or let it sit there collecting dust at that price......:laughing:

If he accepts my offer, I am going to pay through the nose for the miter gage,quadrant,and the "E" type fence - that alone will be around $1000.00 easily , and that's if I don't want to wait for one at a bargain price- the waiting.

well see how this one goes....:laughing::thumbsup:

B,

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well,
He is going to look around in their warehouse and see if those accessories aren't there somewhere in the warehouse. I was talking to him about this and it is literally impossible or very dangerous to be ripping wood without a fence so they must have used the fence or a fence of some type. So he is looking around for it right now......... because without those, that is going to go for a song and ......maybe a 1/2 dance-:laughing: and I have him thinking about that asking price.....what good is it without them..seriously!..:blink:

Steve sent me some more Pictures, don't get me wrong, seems like a good man but, I am dealing with a warehouse full of machinery and someone that knows very little about what it is they are selling.....and sometimes I think they will selectively choose the " I don't know" answer from their Rolodex ...for a reason..:rolleyes:.:whistling:laughing:

B,

Attachments

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hey,
I got a question for you guys... do you or anyone that you know of, that may possibly have all the accessories for an Oliver 260-D.....:whistling:laughing:

Looks like it's a "naked"- 260-D..... talked with him 15 min ago....

It's another prime example of a "lost value" for not keeping things together.....it's a shame....:rolleyes:

I am going to give him my offer and if he takes it, great! if not- it's all good!:thumbsup: I have this strange feeling I may hear this in my voice-mail one day.....whats that famous phrase....."Pacience Is A Virtue" , but it still sucks!:laughing:

Hello,
"Brian- this is Steve, yea.... hey,.... Yea..... Hey we talked it over, and we are willing to take your offer".........

play message again....., one more time......Am I sensing some desperation in his voice.... - One more time.... ......maybe it's time for a counter offer....to my offer..:laughing:

I love the negotiating!!!!!!:clap::laughing:

B,

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
"Brian,

I have not found anything else for the saw which leads me to believe we do not have it.
Just following up with you.

Steve".........

:whistling......

B,

·
Nail-Bender
4,603 Posts
just get them to knock down the price.. because it's not a complete set, and you ..."don't know" if you can find parts for it :p

1 - 20 of 248 Posts