Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be framing an addition soon and the plans have changed to include Warmboard as the subfloor instead of traditional methods.

The company says the framing contractor should be the one who installs this, and it does not seem too technical. Although it is quite a bit more technical than throwing down some OSB.

My questions are: Does anyone have experience with this product? Any tips, hints, etc.? And most importantly, since I have already been awarded the contract...are there justifiable reasons why I should increase the cost of installing this (takes longer, need a PHD) ?

More info is available at http://www.warmboard.com/technical-information/install-guide/

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
are there justifiable reasons why I should increase the cost of installing this (takes longer, need a PHD) ?
Hell yes there is!!! Keeping the channels aligned is imperative. That will surely add time to your installation. Also, not sure if you have a typical method to your installs but you will most likely have to follow a schematic from either Warmboard or the designer/engineer that laid out the system in the first place. Finally, you will probably also end up hand routing some of the channels.

I cannot tell you how much time, but definitely add something. Don't lose your ass!

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
It is a project, i have installed similar systems by stadler, they supply me with full floorplans showing zone locations, feeds and returns. G

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Gene -- do you recall your production output for the stadler systems?

After accounting for time to sort the panels, additional time for cutting (thicker, cuts need to be perfect, and requires carbide blade), adding time to line up, check, line up, check, and line up the channels I see this adding 2 days to my overall schedule at the bare minimum.

Not to mention I am sure someone would like me to warranty this ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How big is the addition?
When I first posted it was about 1,050sf that was getting the Warmboard. Now it has scaled back to just over 280sf. Right now I am planning to add an extra day.

As far as the router templates...I will talk with Warmboard and see if they are automatically included with the install pack, I will send you a pm.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Thanks guys.

Gene -- do you recall your production output for the stadler systems?

After accounting for time to sort the panels, additional time for cutting (thicker, cuts need to be perfect, and requires carbide blade), adding time to line up, check, line up, check, and line up the channels I see this adding 2 days to my overall schedule at the bare minimum.

Not to mention I am sure someone would like me to warranty this ;)

Fiest time, 2 days, play it safe. G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts