Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12x12 rollup door in my warehouse that has a spring inside the rollup portion of the door. The door has gotten progressively more difficult to rollup or down as if the spring has lost tension. Does this sound like my problem or could it be something else? How do you adjust the tension on the spring if this is my problem?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,707 Posts
YOU don't adjust it. It is under tremendous tension. Have someone who is familiar (Overhead Door Co) look at it and adjust the spring.

Check all the rollers, could be one is stuck or seizing. Check to see the the track isn't squeezing the door, it can be moved outward if it is.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
YOU don't adjust it. It is under tremendous tension. Have someone who is familiar (Overhead Door Co) look at it and adjust the spring.

Check all the rollers, could be one is stuck or seizing. Check to see the the track isn't squeezing the door, it can be moved outward if it is.
Agree completely.

Check the ends of the shaft there may be grease fittings that you can lube.

Lube the track with some thick grease like wheel bearing grease, brush it on.

I think these are band - aid fixes however. I'd start thinking who's going to be around when the music stops at 6 o'clock one night !

Like Leo said call a pro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts