Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had the pleasure of working with a ton of Walnut material lately.

Started with strapped ceiling. Don't ask.

Progress. Rough side down. Shiplap.

2 out of 4 done.

Next was the crown. Beautiful wood eh?

Semi custom profile.

Our boxed beams. The design is fugly, but there were return air plates in the way.

Almost done. I just realized I don't have a final shot. You can see the final on the left side of the pic.

A side night shot leaving for the night. The window on the right was that big 11'x20' window I was casing the other day.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take it there will be a good mix of stained and painted trim?

How's the finish chippy life treating you?
Great on the knees, lower back, and body temperature!

Upper was a Walnut detail and lower is the same profile with painted crown.

This is in the lounge area. Another guy is there doing the Walnut bar. And yet another room close by called the billiards room is all Walnut. Room down the hall is all painted millwork.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work...really nice. :clap:

So are you back to framerman again?
Thank You.

Don't know what you're talking about :whistling

Yeah, I'm vain. Something didn't feel right. I changed it back. It's stayin'.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Ohhhh Yeahhh, FRAMERMAN is back!
Nice work brother.:notworthy There's nothing like a well rounded diet of carpentry to keep things interesting. Seems to me, in my experience anyway, no matter what skills you hone throughout your career, a good framer will always be a framer. A man doesn't weather the elements and the abuse of body and mind year after year if it's not in your blood. :thumbup:I haven't done any serious framing with wood for a couple of years, but I will always be a framer first.:clap:

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great job Duke,
I haven't seen that much real walnut before. Beautiful wood.
Steve
Wait for the next room. Not sure why they picked Walnut over Mahogany. Most pieces are great with one big knot smack dab in the middle. The pile was about 4 feet tall. Scraps burn well in my kitchen stove. Toasty!

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
...nice! I have a GC friend of mine who is holding onto a ton of rough sawn walnut...had this job lined up years ago where a guy wanted to use it as a floor. The guy backed out but told the GC to keep the material, and the guy ate the cost...don't find those type of clients everyday....so now he has it. Keep offering it to me b/c he is not a walnut kind of guy, maybe I found a use for it b/c I like that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts