Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
There's tons of panelized coolers on the used market... If the budget's tight, I'd start there

I did a liquor store with a large reach in section and a beer cave. It was pretty simple to setup. (Cam-lock connectors) We put it right on the slab with no floor

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
There's tons of panelized coolers on the used market... If the budget's tight, I'd start there
I'd say that is the only choice. A commercial (as in a store or restaurant) cooler almost always needs a NSF rating (National Safe Foods). Try doing that with your DIY cooler.

You can skate on dry goods like pop, but any perishables under the jurisdiction of the health department is another ball of wax

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
I didn't get one, the building department didn't ask for one. In fact, the building department specifically said I needed no permit because I was not doing work that needs a permit. The health department has inspected it as part of their normal inspections and never had an issue with it.

The walls/ceiling are hardi 802-11, all joints and penetrations well caulked, primed and painted with 3 coats so it is very well sealed.

It's been working fine for 6 years and no one has ever even questioned it.

·
Registered
Remodel
26,668 Posts
At least in this state, all that is set by state health regulations. I assume that varies state to state, and interpretation can vary as well.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts