Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Like it?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Beautiful job! Is trim for shadow boxes/picture framing "flipped" so to speak or can trim be used either way? Just curious or is a matter of preference?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The ONLY criticism I can offer is in some places the curves seem segmented. I don't know that I could have changed that and it isn't terribly noticable and may be due to the substrait and I may be too picky...etc etc.

Oh and dude...put something behind that glass edge so it doesn't mark the casing.... and wipe up the dust on the floor for photos.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,457 Posts
Looks good

BTW Wainscoting only has on "T"

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on the direction the trim is facing on the shadow boxes?
Likewise for crown mould in general.....is it a matter of preference which direction the profile of the trim faces, in or out?

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
To me, the trim is backward, - - but that can be a matter of taste.

The only other thing that's a quick (design) catch to my eye is that the rails look somewhat disproportionately narrow as compared to the stiles.

Again, - - that's just my personal opinion.

Still a nice, clean, great-lookin' job, though . . . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Looks good

BTW Wainscoting only has on "T"

Actually, - - it can get spelled either way, - - although one 't' is generally preferred in America.

from dictionary.com

wain⋅scot  /ˈweɪnskət, -skɒt, -skoʊt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [weyn-skuht, -skot, -skoht] Show IPA noun, verb, -scot⋅ed, -scot⋅ing or (especially British) -scot⋅ted, -scot⋅ting.

–noun

1. wood, esp. oak and usually in the form of paneling, for lining interior walls.
2. the lining itself, esp. as covering the lower portion of a wall.
3. a dado, esp. of wood, lining an interior wall.
4. British. oak of superior quality and cut, imported from the Baltic countries for fine woodwork.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,457 Posts
BTW...one has 1- e....:laughing:
I love it when you correct someones spelling only to spell something wrong yourself......:whistling:cry:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on the direction the trim is facing on the shadow boxes?
Likewise for crown mould in general.....is it a matter of preference which direction the profile of the trim faces, in or out?
I think the trim looks backwards on the panel frames, but without seeing it the other way, I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: jschum

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks Good!:thumbsup:

But i do agree with the others, the trim for the panel appears backwards, although that could easily be preferance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like everything but the color. I realize that doesn't really have anything to do with the trim. I've just always thought that wainscoting can get lost if painted the exact same color as the wall it's on. I would have went with a slightly different shade than what the wall is. But, as for your part, I think it looks great.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts