Pasted job descrption:

Wagner and Associates
Year established: 2004
Primary Business: Construction, Project Management
EIN # 20-2438835
20-3516067

Owner: Billy Wagner

Project Description:
Will be assisting in the reconstruction of Homes for Victims of Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita.

Locations: Houston ,Texas
All of Louisiana
Wiggins, Mississippi

Accommodations: Housing will not be provided until 1 week of work (if Available). Initial deposit 415.00 to get in. $28.75 a week after initial. 4 to a apartment only or bring an RV.

Transportation. You will have to make your own arrangements or car pool.

Start Date: September 30th,

Length of stay : 3 months on 3 months off or you can stay for as long as you like. Longer you stay more money you make

General Labors: 10 Positions
Pay: 9.00hr to 13.00 hr
Job Duties: Help Roofers, Contractor, Cleanup, tarp houses.
Requirements: None. Must be drug and alcohol free.

Roofers with tools: 7 Positions
Pay: 11.00hr to 17.00hr
Job Duties: Tarp houses, Roof houses,
Requirements: At least 5 years roofing experience, must posses some tools,
Must be drug and alcohol free.

Contractors with Remodeling experience: 8 Positions
Pay 12.00hr to 15.00hr
Job Duties: Basic Carpenter, Help General Contractors, sheetrock, light framing at times, cabinets, flooring, siding,
Requirements: At least 2 years remodeling experience.
Must be drug and alcohol free

All contractors and Labors need to have some tools, saws ,air compressors, nail guns, hammers, hard hat(if you can find one) safety harness,..,,,etc
You don’t need the specific but it will make your job a lot easier.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Materials are provided all you have to do is work.

Thank you,

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
You have to be kidding. You expect me to pay to work in a disaster area? OK I want to pay $415.00 for the $9.00 an hr. job with no bennies, sure beats working at Burger King....NOT!

I'm letting this fly just because it is such a joke or someone has no clue as to what they are doing. BTW, I'm only 2 mi. from Sewalls Point (Francis) and the same distance from Stuart (Jeanne).

Only elephants work for peanuts.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What Kind Of Fool R U ?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You Have Got to Be JOKING !!!

Don't Be Ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
W & A said:
Wagner and Associates is HIring!!!
Accommodations: Housing will not be provided until 1 week of work (if Available). Initial deposit 415.00 to get in. $28.75 a week after initial. 4 to a apartment only or bring an RV.

General Labors: 10 Positions
Pay: 9.00hr to 13.00 hr
Roofers with tools: 7 Positions
Pay: 11.00hr to 17.00hr
Contractors with Remodeling experience: 8 Positions
Pay 12.00hr to 15.00hr
All contractors and Labors need to have some tools, saws ,air compressors, nail guns, hammers, hard hat(if you can find one) safety harness,..,,,etc
You don’t need the specific but it will make your job a lot easier.
All Materials are provided all you have to do is work.
ROFLMAO :D With gas at $5 / gallon no less. The internet is the wrong place to look for the crackheads that'll be lining up for this 'deal'.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
All tuned up and ready to go! Have all of my shots and an airboat too. Basic artillery comes with the program, 6# gun is extra.

Seriously, I hope that the rescuers know what they are getting into. As an old swamper, I have an idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1st hmmmmm...

Hmmmm...I looked and looked for the "$34.00 an hr" positions referenced at the head of the ad...I'll be dogged if I seemed to locate one...folks, there'll be plenty of work to go around for all legitimate, interested contractors and the less "middlemen" the better when it comes to rebuilding at the staggering expense of all tax-paying Americans...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK Guy Lets be serious:

I dont mean to sound vague but I dont have to explain myself. THE 9.00 an hour to 12 is for people that dont have an exstensive amount of knowledge in the construction field they are there to be labor. NOt a roofer,not a general contractor or anything but labor. I suggest you get the facts first before attacking me. I am sure that in the last five years you have not done half as many homes as my crews or my company has done. Further more I am providing insurance to the workers out of my own pocket and providing living arrangements for them. I beleive they constitutes a pretty good deal. If yu want to pay yur workers 415.00 thats fine ill come work for you. It seems you like to waste money and if your going to waste it lets give it to someone who auctally cares.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and one more thing

The 415.00 is for your apartment to house you. since I cant tote the whole bill you work for a week get the 415.00 so that you can lay your head on a nice pillow instead of the ground. then its 28.75 a week after. THats not a working charge to work for me it is simply for housing and thats it. and anyone who thinks im going to charge them to work for me is mental and anyone with that kind of mentallity shouldnt be on a d#$# roof.

Thank you if any one has a real question then email me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Billy Billy Billy...

You most surely don't need to explain yourself to me as I already have the picture...you might explain to any interested parties just what skills draw the $34.00 an hr though...btw if you've been in biz since last yr according to info YOU offered on your co., why would you care to speculate you've turned twice the units I have in 5 yrs of blowing/going etc? Just wondering...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did not imply that I was any better I was just stating that Everyone that is in here needs to not judge before the full details are there for them to scorn. I have no intenetion of looking like a second tier contractor and I am not. I Just thought basic info was enough for someone who is interested in work to have some deatils so that alreday have an idea of what they can expect.The higher rate jobs are for fully fuctional roofers or highly skilled contractors. In my first statement I was addressing the folks that like to do 20 to 30 homes a week on a very walkable roof. Gravy jobs to say the least. Most of the homes are 10 sq to 20 sq so for me to provide everything to them and still pay them a nice hourly wage is in my opinion a still a good deal. I know that there are roumers of 300 to 400 $ a sq but I have not found any job paying that yet. Besides if you can work by the hour you make more money. There has to be some equal comparison to offset job costs. I know that many roofers like to get paid by the sq but a lot of them cant find a way in or they would go.
Anyway I think thats the take on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the way my company has auctually been in busineess longer than a year just not under the same name. We had some tax liabilities that were kind of my fault.meaning I didnt pay my taxes. Big no,no. I didnt relize they would take what they wanted to. 56k later im free with a new company that pays the maxium on taxes. No more uh oh's. Capital Roofing and Construction what we had operated under for 3 to 4 years.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Requirements: None. Must be drug and alcohol free.
You want people to work all day for you, then not even have a beer or whatever after work?
If you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys.
Good luck.
Crawdad

·
Registered
199 Posts
W & A
You got to be kidding! Illegals are getting $16 to $20 per hour here in Oregon OFF THE BOOKS - which is like $21 to $25.00 P/H.
US citizens who can pass a UA are getting that plus Health Insurance and 80 hour P/A vacation. I know Dubya threw out prevailing wages but did he adopt Mexican-Latin American standards too?

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
F that my dad works for a Nuprecon and their paying big bux to put them in tuluca hills in Pasadena for a Court house restoration.

I not even contracting right know and I make 20 dollars a hour min. LOL Hell I get 490 a week to sit on unemjoyment. LOL

For what you want to pay I'd show up with out not one tool in hand.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
W & A said:
I did not imply that I was any better I was just stating that Everyone that is in here needs to not judge before the full details are there for them to scorn. I have no intenetion of looking like a second tier contractor and I am not. I Just thought basic info was enough for someone who is interested in work to have some deatils so that alreday have an idea of what they can expect.The higher rate jobs are for fully fuctional roofers or highly skilled contractors. In my first statement I was addressing the folks that like to do 20 to 30 homes a week on a very walkable roof. Gravy jobs to say the least. Most of the homes are 10 sq to 20 sq so for me to provide everything to them and still pay them a nice hourly wage is in my opinion a still a good deal. I know that there are roumers of 300 to 400 $ a sq but I have not found any job paying that yet. Besides if you can work by the hour you make more money. There has to be some equal comparison to offset job costs. I know that many roofers like to get paid by the sq but a lot of them cant find a way in or they would go.
Anyway I think thats the take on it.

OK reality check W&A. NOBODY makes money working by the hour. The only way somebody is going to make money is by piece work. You need to post a rate per item. For hourly work you get a body with a tape, knife, and a hammer. Nobody is going to bring equipment-guns, comp., gen., etc for even the mysterious $34 rate you posted. After your other post about not paying taxes I'd be afraid of not getting paid too.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I thought that the wages were comical but 'bring your own tools'? That Co. is definetely from OK.

·
FRAME ON!
1,653 Posts
Wow this blows my mind . I am doing hurricane reconstruction and I make more than that myself and dont have to hire the crack heads .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts