Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I found an option to the 260 Dillema.... This TS is sweet...:thumbsup:

I just sent for some information from the owner and hope he is open to offers...:thumbup: Wants $2600.00 - I was thinking $2000.00 ... well see...:shifty: I may just wait and see what happens.. the longer it sits there,,, the more he may decide to lower the price... well see... it's definitely worth every dollar...;) it's an 18" blade... slider... and the one thing that I really fancy are those up front controls.....:notworthy Single arbour... oh well, those up front controls fill the gap.....:thumbsup:

Love this machine---:notworthy

B,

Attachments

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well.... that didn't take long.....2 more photo's and the manual PDF. :thumbup: 2300lbs-:w00t: I am glad I have a 12" steel beam for the center joist support.......:laughing:

sweet machine...I'll have to see how firm he is.....:sneaky2: I have shipping issues.....:whistling

B,

Attachments

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,
Good & bad news,,,
I just got off the phone with the dealer and he says the machine is in exceptional condition... dead on accurate and it comes with a 7' out-feed roller table and some accessories. he has not run the machine though which I am sure it runs fine but I would like some guarantee that the motor is in VG running condition.

The bad...
The shipping is going to be anywhere from $4- $500.00 and the VFD I will need is going to be another $550.00 so theres an additional $1000.00 before it is running and in the shop.

Ahhhhhh.......:rolleyes: well see.....He tells me that 6 inquiries have already been put in on the saw and he is applying heat on me... and in the same breath said he would take $2500.00,,,,,:rolleyes: yea,,, I was born yesterday...he has no idea who he is dealing with....:shifty::laughing: I am so shrewd ....:rolleyes: well see where this goes....:rolleyes: I dislike dealing with dealers...some dealers i should say..he's new to me so I have to work on him a little...:shifty::laughing:

B.:shifty:

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friends are a life savor... I just found out the skinny on that dealer and the saw.....:shifty: His information is not lining up with what I was told from an OWWM member that had a friend that looked at this saw... and the offer he made was considerably lower - it was excepted by the dealer and the buyer bailed out-:w00t: I am going to get to the bottom of this.....:shifty:

B,:shifty:

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Brian are these monsters for your shop? Or do you refurbish them and sell them?

Just curious buddy.

Oh, and ya, that's one sweet saw. Wish I had the room.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well John........ hmmmmmmmmmm, how do I put this in words..

Well!
"What really happens is I try to just make it look like I am repairing them to pristine condition. I take some bogus ass pictures of someone else's slop shop with some butchered piece of sorry ass machinery that's been ripped to hell & back- slap the piece of sh!t with some bad-ass green paint and get it's sorry ass out the door ,grab the coin,slam the door, and and then proceed to run for the hills" .....

:sneaky2::laughing:- :jester:

Seriously...

I buy them for myself John. I am not involved with selling, just aquiring....:laughing: Then I disassemble them and start the refurbishment process...:notworthy Like the American I have started on
http://www.contractortalk.com/f40/1921-american-1-buzz-16-jointer-restoration-96436/#post1174746

As far as the Wadkin.......
Well,
I decided not to venture any further... the shipping $750.00 , .. he can't plug it in..I can't see it run, the cost of the bearings possibly $$$$$$$$$ He e-mailed me earlier with the shipping costs and 2 hrs later wrote back that it's been sold to someone from NJ. Who ever bought that Wandin PP... Enjoy her, that is one fine Saw...I just hope it doesn't turn into a giant money sucking machine. Best of luck to the new proud owner of the Wadkin PP TS........whomever it is.:notworthy

Back on the 260 hunt.....LOL!!!:laughing:

B,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys, Someone sent me this forum and i have to tell you that my partner and I are the New Jersey guys that bought the Wadkin table saw. We received it on Friday. The pallet was crushed beyond recognition, and the saw sat on about a 45. It took a couple of tedious hours to get her to the ground safely. There was some minor damage, but fortunately, none to any castings. Just the wooden kerf tight inserts were broken and an electrical box torn off. The worst palletizing job I've seen in a long time. But, it's a beauty. it is the most massive saw I've seen. I had an 18" Northfield and this dwarfs it. We are real happy so far. Bearings sound great, but we still haven't run her yet. Thanks for your offer of good luck. I appreciate that.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey - first of all- you officially "SUCK!!!!!!" !!!!!,:laughing:

That's AWESOME !!!!!!! OK!,,,,,,,now that that's over with.... you have to post some updated pics.... please......:cry:,,Ahhhhhh, I wanted that saw in the worst way... but there where some unknowns....:shifty: hopefully you won't end up with those...:laughing::shifty:

Dude....:notworthy:thumbup: but you still suck ,,,, in a way.,,,:laughing:

B,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll get some pics tomorrow (weather permitting )when we move the saw again, much more carefully to it's almost final resting place. It's going to my partner Dave's shop, where it will be tweeked beyond belief. Then to our new shop in Randolph NJ, where we are putting together an "old man's" dream shop. We have, I think, some of the sweetest machines known to man !!
That was just my wine talking. Seriously though, every time we can upgrade a machine, we do. We don't have any CNC routers or edgebanders , or 32 mm stuff. Just the basic, fundamental, equipment, that can build anything. This table saw will replace a beautiful Tannewitz 18" with a slider. Which will be for sale, by the way. It was totally restored and not even put into service yet, when we came across this one. It will have a good home. I really don't suck:no:

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
freight carriers.....ahhh... I hope nothing got seriously damaged-how did it end up like that?.:rolleyes: Have you run her yet? I look forward to your pics of her Wally-:thumbsup: Don't take my comments personally... you have to have a good sense of humor here... and that I have...:thumbsup: you don't suck Wally... :notworthy but you suck a little cause you have her ,and I don't-:laughing::thumbsup:

look forward to your pics...:thumbup:

B,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts