Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bob, It looks like a steal.
Is this going to be your first impression at a jobsite?

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
With that many miles, it's at the end of its life. If you're big enough to have a company mechanic on staff, I'd bite. If you pay real money for repairs, I'd let this one to some farmer who wants to use it to run out in the fields.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a buddy we call Frog, he has a shop and works on trucks and cars all the time.

I used to think I knew a lot about trucks, then I met Frog about 8 years ago, man can he troubleshoot. If it didn't explode, he can get it to the shop, if it did, he breaks out his flatbed trailer.

I'm looking at a Van also, needs a tranny, but I've got one for in the work truck I just trashed.

Checking all my options.

Bob

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I'd never buy a car off the net without first inspecting and test driving.

I am going to a government auction in a few days and placing bids on 3 vehicles out of 100 or so. I hope to come home with two ford expeditions and a dodge dakota. I'm going a few hours early so I can inspect the vehicle and drive em around the parking lot. Your really not supposed to drive around but they let ya get away with it if too many people aren't around.

Based on past sales of similiar vehicles I can sell the vehicles under the blue book value and still make a few thousand on each. I think I will keep 1 expedition for myself and keep the dakota for my new salesman. I'll sell the 2nd expedition which should pay for both vehicles. Nothing beets a free truck, like two free trucks!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Cool ride! I don't think that I have ever seen anything quite like it.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Retro is really in right now, plus you can work on it yourself!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts