Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone recommend a good online school/course?

I am looking at getting my Class "B" builders license very soon.

I have browsed through about 15 online courses websites and they all claim to be no#1. I would prefer a school/course that concentrates mainly on Virginia laws.

Thanks all....... John

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
The Class "B" is fairly easy.

The A sections are the more difficult sections....accounting crap and such.

The questions are fairly consistent year to year, so a prep class helps you focus your efforts. My buddy took one and I just paged through his prep question pamphlets while I was driving to the test.

He used American Contractors Exam Co., they had a good many questions word for word in their pamphlets. You have time to find the answers anyway, but it helped.

The OSHA questions were poorly worded and took forever to figure out, mainly because I have never looked in that section....:whistling

Tab your code book to easily find the important sections....really helped me breeze through it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would advise you to go ahead and apply for your 'A' license while you 're into it. There was stuff on the A part that I'd never heard of, and hadn't seen since....but I studied and got mine the 1st time out.

When I got my license, I hadn't took a test since high school (and if the truth was known , I probably cheated on that one) so I was really nervous. I studied as much as I could, and it worked out.

You'll be fine. If there's something I can do to help you, send me a message and i'll do what I can. Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts