Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A ccustomer is looking to repalce 112 windows, but wants brick red or forest green. I suggest Marvin, but the customer insists on vinyl for budget reasons.

Anyone ever seen any colors like these? Anyone ever seen any colors other than white, beige, and brown?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The windows I sell you can get in hunter green exterior, but not brick red :eek: http://www.heartwin.com/www.heartwin.com/index.html

Your not too far away so I'm sure there's a disributor close to you. I've used them for 14 years and am very happy with them, maybe 4 call backs in all these years and everytime the company was right there to warranty them, so from my standpoint it's a no brainer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've only seen "wicker" and white. (the actual color of the extrusions). The rest has all been painted brickmould, and in my opinion, it's a huge pain in the ass, because it's so damn easy to scratch. That said, if you've got good installers who actually care about what they are doing it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I stick to the lighter colors with vinyl windows, - - white and almond, - - the dark colors attract more heat from the sun and increase the chances of the glue failing on the window envelope.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom R said:
I stick to the lighter colors with vinyl windows, - - white and almond, - - the dark colors attract more heat from the sun and increase the chances of the glue failing on the window envelope.
I install any color window the customer asks for. For example the other week we did a job that was white interior and brown exterior. That's what he wanted, he paid the upcharge, that's what he got.

I agree with you the lighter the color, the better for the vinyl. As long as the manufacturer warrants their window I will sell it. My guarantee doesn't cover material failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts