Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to repair a frame that was damaged after install. The stucco company broke/ cracked a piece off the side frame of a window on the exterior . They are willing to pay for it . So now I need to know is there companies that do that.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always wondered about this. We had a window show up from the factory with a crack in the window and a hole in the sill. There was a sticker on the window from the factory with a note saying they were aware of the defect. We installed the window it was a 72x54 window holding up the stucco guys and keeping the cold out. They have not showed up yet to fix it so I was curious and then this happened today. I will have to get back to the job site to snap one.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
We've broken the j channel on a few windows. I usually just replace them, and my lead broke one on my house this year. I just glued it back on. It's still holding up. I only did that because it was my own house though

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
You could call around for a fiberglass repair company (I know it's vinyl), or one of the tub repair places. They might do it.

My gut feeling is that you will be replacing that window. Which will be really frustrating since the finished the EIFS around the window for some reason.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They broke it after it was finished. I believe they were coming down the scaffold and hit it with his steel toe boots

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
gowings said:
They broke it after it was finished. I believe they were coming down the scaffold and hit it with his steel toe boots
It's broken in the first pic and the stucco isn't done yet...??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts