Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when we tear off siding we always have various wires to deal with; cable,electrical,phone ect... i hate leaving the job site with all those wires hanging. what do you do about the wires after doing a tear off before the siding goes up so the job site looks presentable?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Any time I do siding I will tear off as much as I can around them. I carry some heavy rope and some threaded hooks and stuff in the truck. I'll tie them off a little higher than they were , noting the old locations. Then I will run the siding up to the temporary ties. Then reinstall the hooks that were there, or new ones if the old ones are too crappy. Then just side away!

The one thing I learned is that some of those wires are heavy and will pull you and the ladder!:laughing:

Dave

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Yikes, Just be sure that anything with line voltage is secure and if in doubt, have a sparky check that it's safe to leave them dangling.

I have noticed that some of the wiring is no longer in use on the back of houses. I recently snipped out an "on-tv" set up when cleaning up. (Guys from the '80's might remember that company)

The same goes with people using satellite and no longer need all that coax.

You guys have a tough job going around some of that crap. If it's not needed, it might make your job easier.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Fact of the matter is, your working on making their place look better....and with everything in our trades, it WILL look worse before it gets better...just how it goes.

But each job has it's own unique situation as you've found so ya just deal with it as it comes to ya, though i'm not afraid to just pull the lines back for the night since next mornign they'll be lowered down again anyhow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts