Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Roofing/Siding Contractor
25 Posts
What do you prefer for the color of siding trimming? Do you use the same color trim as the siding or do you use a different color, like white?

For the trimming, I mean the light boxes, water spickets, j channel, etc.
What is your preference?

"Trust us to install your siding for you and your family and we will complete it on schedule and within your budget"

Reactions: Trim_Solutions

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
More than the colors, I like a nice metal wrap that covers the J as much as possible.

But for the colors selection, that is always what the client prefers. Been a few years since I've sold a siding job, but I would show the prospect plenty of pics with different combos or none. Let them decide.

Good Luck
Dave

·
Roofing/Siding Contractor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vinyl Trim

Good Stuff guys. I will keep it in consideration

Reactions: Trim_Solutions

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,843 Posts
When the windows , storms doors, things like that are already white I channel in white along with white J boxes. If another color for that stuff then the J ends up being same color as siding. Also J boxes if colored ones can be had.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I used to used the accent color....white or whatever for all of the blocks and louvres. Now I will do louvres and light blocks in the accent color and match all of the other blocks (dryer, min split ect..) to the siding color. After further thought I decided they should be accented. I will also now use colored drain pipe to matche siding even if the eave & gutter is white.

·
Always Learning
8,677 Posts
We usually match siding and j on the wall unless they want an accent color for corners. We use crane finish board(frieze) and that will match the soffit color. j-blocks match the siding color. The window color and j matching intrigues me...never thought about doing that.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Generally on new construction I order the windows with integrated exterior casing and sill. I then order single 8" white panels to simulate a frieze board. I prefer the traditional supercorners in trim color as well as the trim coil and soffit.

Light and accessory blocks can go either way. Sometimes it's nice to do them in trim color so they pop, other times they are better off blending in. For example - light blocks look nice in trim color, but dryer vents are better off blending in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts