Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photo from website of TX home builder, in which one of his spec houses, at 6600 sf and priced at two and a quarter million, is shown sporting its Jeld Wen vinyl windows.

Why do they do it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I understand your pain.I installed a 6' Jeld Wen vinyl slider the other day in a pretty impressive home.Heavy er than hell and was surprised the two of us could get it in the hole without tearing it up.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Why? Because people are ignorant to somethings that we need to explain to them. The people building look at price of all the different parts of their home, realize they want this amazing counter top for the kitchen and figure that new windows are new windows, energy efficient and think the vinyl will last, they have no idea that they get what they pay for. I had a buddies customer pay 5k for the front door and put in low quality vinyl windows, he said no amount of talking would get them to understand the few thousand dollar price increase on windows was as necessary as "their door".

I figure give it a few years and I'll get to replace them I guess.

·
Registered
Remodel
29,630 Posts
Most people just care about how it looks. Finish is more important to them than what's under the finish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts