Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flex floor is a no glue floor that we glue.Come on u move anything on it , it's going to move.So my problem is it seems that is not the way to go,i've seen it bubbling up and just not sticking in the glue. I'm looking for some help . Can i glue this floor or should i be doing something before i install? Please any insight on what i may be doing wrong would be helpfull

Thank Mark

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
What does the manufacturer say about this?

Please complete your profile and do an intro BTW.

Welcome to CT.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Too broad of a question. May want to consult your manufacturor like has been said.

I can tell you I do on average a couple of jobs a week with three different brands and dont have any issues.

Thats over new subfloor, skimmed vinyl, concrete, on stairs,whatever. Each brand is a little different and wants you to apply the adhesive in different ways . I found a little bit of adhesive primer , no matter what the substrate ,helps.

I dont use a paint roller anymore either. If the brand I am using calls for one to apply adhesive , I use a flat trowel or a really worn down VCT notch.

Plenty of air time and roll, roll , roll.

·
Flooring Installer
796 Posts
Some say to install in wet adhesive, some say dry. some say tape under the seams, some don't. Need to know what vinyl it is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vynl Flex Floor Concerens

I also say consult with the manufacturer. Ask for manufacturers direction on no glue for on the grade ,wood subfloor or a floating floor system that addresses your concerns with bubbling and movement.

If they ( the maker of the vinyl) do have a recommended adhesive, please use the adhesive manufacturer mastic and the same manufacturer floor primer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts