Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lying low around here. Rethinking the whole painting thing. So I am buying an old house to work on and do something with. Heheh, not sure yet just what I will do with it, how much work I will put into it before maybe selling it. I might fix it up and rent. I just don't know yet. From what I am reading about the new epa reg's, It just hard to tell how they will affect what we do during these times.

Anyway my guestion is what is a safe way to remove vines that have grown up one side of the house up to and on to the power line from the pole. Power is off to the meter, but I am concerned about the line from the pole feeding the meter.

I have placed a blade of grass on an electrically charged fence before. Heheh, not a good feeling.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The power company may very well do the part on the line itself. They will definitely cut trees off the lines. I was just assuming since it was originating on what will be my property that I would have to deal with it. Worth a call.

I was thinking along the line of cutting it at the base with non-metallic lobbers and keeping it sprayed until it dried out maybe.

I think when I close on this place, I will call the power company and see what they tell me.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Rick, I would call the power company and let them take care of what ever they are going to take care of. More than likely they will leave you just a little to do that is not on their lines.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan to do that as soon as we close on the property. Att said we should be able to do it one day this coming week. Just waiting on for the deed to be searched. I may go there tomorrow and cut some grass if I can sneak away from home. Heheh, wife feels I will stop working on the home in order to work on that one.

I really do need to do something with it fairly quick and get some klind of return on it. I guess it will be a winter project. Well, as long as and when funds are available. Speaking of funds, I feel like the quicker I spend some money on that place, the better. Heh, I guess that goes without saying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts