Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I keep looking at the Veto pro pac. I need to do a little more research before I take the plunge:laughing: I was thinking maybe the XL or maybe even the XXL-F. The pics they have on the site really don't show it loaded with real life common tools.

Do you guys have any pictures of yours loaded up? What do you have in it?

Thanks, Dave

·
I like Green things
23,069 Posts
I have the XL. If it is filled to the gills with tools, it gets a bit heavy.
I just found a OT-LC on craigslist for 60 bucks that I am going to snatch up tomarrow or friday.

I keep a ton of stuff in there, I bet it has saved me the cost of the bag over the last year, not losing small hand tools, or leaving them at home and buying a duplicate.

I can take a picture of mine tomarrow.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Dave if you want the xxl, i was gonna part with mine since i got into the festool systainer(thanx to warner:laughing:)
i was gonna put it on ebay but if you want i can snap some shots for you! and let me know if your interested in buying it?

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
The XL is big, holds a lot and gets unusefully heavy. I sold mine to a member here so I could buy an LC which is smaller.

The LC has not left my truck. I should probably return it to Amazon since I think it still has the tag on it. I don't use many hand tools daily, so for me, it's just storage in the truck where I go take tools in and out from.

If I need snips, I need snips. I don't need the 45 other things I have in there that are totally unrelated....know what I mean?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Greg's Veto is serving me very well, I would not want the XXL for it is a little too big.

I'm concidering pruning down my tools to fit in a XL-LT since I use a laptop more then tools these days...but its 330 bucks!

I will post a pic tommorow for you.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The XL is big, holds a lot and gets unusefully heavy. I sold mine to a member here so I could buy an LC which is smaller.

The LC has not left my truck. I should probably return it to Amazon since I think it still has the tag on it. I don't use many hand tools daily, so for me, it's just storage in the truck where I go take tools in and out from.

If I need snips, I need snips. I don't need the 45 other things I have in there that are totally unrelated....know what I mean?
I think the veto pro is more for service calls and assembly type of installs where you keep a handful of different plyers,screwdrivers,percision type of instruments,etc.

if you know your climbing on a ladder or need one screwdriver and a snips then your not gonna lug the bag!
But if your goin into a home and you may need to fiddle with something and you need a few different tools then its nice since everything is organized in the veto!

i keep most of my framing and siding tools in the xxl, prybars and cats paws on oneside,and all kinds of bits,drivers,siding zip and snips in the other!
Come to think of it i really dont think i want to sell it now :whistling

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I forgot my camera, I'l have to snap a shot when I'm home. For service calls its fantastic, I would never give up the Veto for a systainer.

The Veto has a unique way of having everything organized and at your fingertips. It would take a serious systainer insert to even come close to the organizational ability of the Veto, not to mention is alot easyer to throw over your shoulder then carry a heavy sys with their uncomfortable handles.

For me the Veto for tools and the systainers for everything else is just about the two best purchases I ever made.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the replies.

Thats ok five star I won't hold you to the sale:laughing:
I guess I'm now leaning toward the xl so I can acctually carry it! My question is, will the xl hold a decent amount of hand tools and have room for a cordless drill, extra battery, charger? Its the small white makita, so it is a pretty small drill.

I have a bucket boss and a clc bag in my truck for all my hand tools, I was just looking to put together my most commonly used tools for punchlist or handyman type work. So I can just grab one bag.

Thanks, Dave

·
I like Green things
23,069 Posts
Thanks guys for the replies.

Thats ok five star I won't hold you to the sale:laughing:
I guess I'm now leaning toward the xl so I can acctually carry it! My question is, will the xl hold a decent amount of hand tools and have room for a cordless drill, extra battery, charger? Its the small white makita, so it is a pretty small drill.

I have a bucket boss and a clc bag in my truck for all my hand tools, I was just looking to put together my most commonly used tools for punchlist or handyman type work. So I can just grab one bag.

Thanks, Dave
It should be fine, there should be room to spare.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
See i like the xxl better, aslong as you dont over doit its easy to carry and fits a level, flat bars,drills,etc,the xxl is shorter and longer, the xl is taller and shorter,
The xxl is also balanced nice, for what you looking to do dave i think you need the xxl, if your just for hand tools then the xl will do!
do you have a place where you can actually touch and feel before you buy!
Also i have an xl open mouth which i use for trim and cab jigs and bits!AWESOME:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys,Hmm decisions decisions:laughing:

five star, thats the worst part nobody around here sells them! There is an electritian a couple streets over that has one, it looks like the xxl. I usually drive by in the morning when he is loading up, I can see it in the back. Maybe I'll have to stop the next time and make a new friend:laughing:

Wheres those pics at guys:clap::laughing:

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
looks like my 4yr olds tool bag! ohh no wait my kids got the stanley:laughing:

·
Registered
996 Posts
when I walked in the door with the new bag my 4 year old little girl dumped all her tools out of her ryobi tool bag I gave her, and took my new bag and will not give it back. She has been dragging the bag around the house for 2 days.
The reason I have not taken it away is caus the missus has decided after I bought it that she is going to wrap it and give it to me for xmas. I very much doubt that I will see the $110 from her either.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts