Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I treated myself to an early xmas present. Local lumbar yard had 15% for the holidays and you get a stabila level when you send in the UPC.
Well thats my question, I ask the guy at the yard if I was suppose to just grab one off the rack or if they came in a box.
He said no just grab one. I am home now and cant find the UPC to send in and get the level.
Help Please

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Uooo

Here is the deal, rebates are some of the most unethical retail practices out there today. Think about it, if a company wants to offer a product at sale price X, offer it, sell it, and be done with it. They offer these bullshi# rebates, this allows them to advertise the low price. Then put obstacles in place to help insure the customer will screw something up. Then if you dot all your I's and cross all your T's, the next thing they do is forget to send your rebate. Now most of the public will forget about the rebate, a small % will take the time and follow up, the company makes a fortune in all these unclaimed rebates. I never buy a product with a rebate, it is legalized stealing. GMOD.

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Here is the deal, rebates are some of the most unethical retail practices out there today. Think about it, if a company wants to offer a product at sale price X, offer it, sell it, and be done with it. They offer these bullshi# rebates, this allows them to advertise the low price. Then put obstacles in place to help insure the customer will screw something up. Then if you dot all your I's and cross all your T's, the next thing they do is forget to send your rebate. Now most of the public will forget about the rebate, a small % will take the time and follow up, the company makes a fortune in all these unclaimed rebates. I never buy a product with a rebate, it is legalized stealing. GMOD.
Preach on Gene, i dont know how many cell phones my wife got with the $100 dollar mail in rebate and never saw any of it. Of course after the 6-8 weeks is up you forget whether you even sent it in and just forget about it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not forgetting anything, Sears just tried to screw me on $60 back on a Bosch Table saw, sent me out a postcard with the wrong name on it. As soon as I called them they where like, yes we seem to have two different names, just got the check yesterday.
I will be back to the yard tomorrow to get my UPC for the bag and then mail it right in.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Preach on Gene, i dont know how many cell phones my wife got with the $100 dollar mail in rebate and never saw any of it. Of course after the 6-8 weeks is up you forget whether you even sent it in and just forget about it.
if you're lookin for a cheap phone, or free, letstalk.com has it. i've gone there twice and it works out great. saved a crap load of money. no mail in rebate bs. the price you see for "price today" is what you pay.

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
if you're lookin for a cheap phone, or free, letstalk.com has it. i've gone there twice and it works out great. saved a crap load of money. no mail in rebate bs. the price you see for "price today" is what you pay.

The last few we got i just got free online. Tired of paying for them and never getting the rebate back at the stupid verizon stores.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
called them this morning there is a phone number in the bag. Got a guy after a couple of rings. Said just send what I have in put his name on it and it will be fine.
The UPC is suppose to be on a hang tag on the bag. BTW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.