Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Skillers vest type systems shown at Duluth Trading. I've always used Occidental leather bags but they are so heavy for the smaller stuff I find that I'm doing now a days. I've been looking at the vest and belt systems at DT - they aren't that cheaply priced but look like they would work great. Has anyone bought and used these?
URL - http://www.duluthtrading.com/a/shop/catclothing.asp?UID=2003112222395517&GEN0=&GEN1=&s=3C2SKL

Looking at the Flexi System and the Brown Duck Canvas Vest types in particular.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I used to design web sites. I did a web site years ago www.medivest.com (Dunno if it's still up.) They make vests for paramedics etc... anyways I was showing one to a cotnractor friend at the time, and he bought two of them.

I don't do much work myself, mostly estimates now, but I have a 26" carry bag with the basic tools.

My brother who works HVAC carries his tools in a bucket. Then when he is at the furnace he is servicing, he empties out his tools and the bucket dubs as a stool.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Look what a client gave to me today......

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Havent had a chance yet to try the skillers design, but have had the bucket boss in for a while love them. I would like to try the skillers but up here is still winter and bib insld pants are a must, along with the other 4 layers. Not really sure how that system would work out over all that.

Bernie

U

·
0 Posts
DELETED

Grumpy said:
I used to design web sites. I did a web site years ago www.medivest.com (Dunno if it's still up.) They make vests for paramedics etc... anyways I was showing one to a cotnractor friend at the time, and he bought two of them.

I don't do much work myself, mostly estimates now, but I have a 26" carry bag with the basic tools.

My brother who works HVAC carries his tools in a bucket. Then when he is at the furnace he is servicing, he empties out his tools and the bucket dubs as a stool.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
BTW the site, at the time, was a fully functional e-commerce site capable of real time transactions. The customer left me because they quit advertising to pay my design fees then blamed me when sales slipped and couldn't grasp the concept that their sales slipped because they quit advertising.

LOL Oh well, some people were never meant to run a business. Just a statistic now... one of the many failed businesses. It was a great idea for a product, with a terrible business plan, or no plan at all.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Hey unregistered, register this -:

You gotta learn to give them hell right back grump.

I think that unregistered fella might have been your client.

Bob

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Glass I try and be professional some of the time, this is one of those times. Our words are here for everyone to read, the last thing I need to do is make myself look like as big an ass as that guy.

I think your right, he might have been, hence read my post above yours. :) I wish him luck.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
I think they're okay I guess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts