Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Punching above his weight
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.app.com/article/20131107/NJNEWS/311070173/Want-live-historic-Sandy-Hook-

This could be a pretty interesting opportunity for the right person.

I've stayed in those houses. They are massive, full of great detail, and have some of the best real estate in all of New Jersey. The ocean and bay side are both wonderful and the north end of the Hook is almost deserted most of the time, especially in winter.

Who's in?

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
looks pretty desolate. Few trees and neighbours all around. And pumping in several hundred thou to possibly 1 mil for a place you wouldn't even own (even if it was rent free). Sounds sucky to me

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Let me spend my money to fix up a government property . So they can let me pay small rent . They get enough of my taxed life . Sucker born ever day .

·
Punching above his weight
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought at first. Also at second. Third too pretty much.

Having had the entire day to drive around thinking about it though, and having the benefit of knowing the area like the back of my hand and also having stayed in some of these places before, I can tell you that the area is a tourist goldmine, most of the buildings would need 300k on the extremely high side, and the "rent" is basically a small utility charge to the tune of a couple hundred a month. Probably 1/6th what property taxes for that area would be like.
If you were able to sign a 30 year lease on a property for 300k, you'd be paying basically half rent for what a home in that area would typically go for, if there were any homes in that area.

Imagine the kind of killing a Bed and Breakfast INSIDE a national park makes. Holy guacamole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts