Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building my own house after framing several others for practice :cheesygri

Anyway, it drives me crazy to see vents coming out of the roof in several locations and even worse, vents coming out of the roof on the main viewing side of the house. I am trying to hide these vents in the back of the house, but have a bathroom in the front half. Can I vent this bathroom through the attic to the back of the house and then up through the roof? I know to have it always sloping up so the gases will flow up and the rain will fall to the drain, but can a single vent run two bathrooms and a kitchen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are using the UPC plumbing code book, I you can run a 2" vent like 120' horiz. and if you up size it 1 size length doesn't matter, also a vent that is 6'' above the flood rim level of the highest fixture it serves it can be ran level, so the pipe through the attic can be ran level. Hope this helps.. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pipefitter. Looks like I will tie all my vents into one 2" vent exiting the house in the back where it is not seen easily. Got the footing poured today and will have to plumb for the basement bathroom and bar this weekend. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
bountyhunter said:
Thanks Pipefitter. Looks like I will tie all my vents into one 2" vent exiting the house in the back where it is not seen easily. Got the footing poured today and will have to plumb for the basement bathroom and bar this weekend. :Thumbs:
I don't want to miss lead you about your vents, you have to make sure that your vents are properly sized, sounds like you want to tie them all into one vent which is fine as long as the "fixture units" allow for it. PM me if you would like it explained in more detail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts