Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you're looking to buy service ABC, and you call up one of those big national providers and you get Carlos at the call centre.

What drives me nuts is when you've barely asked a question about their services when the rep starts into his script with no logical connection to your conversation.

"Your phone number?"
"Huh? Ok, 555-1212"
"Your name and address?"
"Uh, what's that got to do with my question about the cost of service X?"
"Oh I need to open a profile for you"
"How about you answer my questions on your services instead of wasting my time collecting information on me. How much is service X?"
"I'm sorry sir, I need to open this profile to answer that."
"The price of service X depends on my name and address?"
"Well I need to get into the system to get that information for you..."
"Ok, so go into the system"
"Name and address?"

Collect your telemarketing data on your own time and dime, buddy. Take a flying leap.

·
Banned
538 Posts
i really cannot stand when you call places and its not an american. i absolutely hate cell phone companies. you call, and it goes something like this
"whats your name?"
"john doe"
"your telephone number?"
"555-5555"
"your social security number"
"555-55-5555"
"your date of birth?"
"11-20-87"
"and your mothers maiden name"
"name"
"ok let me pull up your account"
wait..wait..wait...
"ok what can i help you with"
"yeah my phone (insert problem)"

now at this point im already irritated but whatever. THEN the stupid customer service rep tries to do something out of their league (like always) then the ever dreaded "im going to have to transfer you"
so you wait on hold for 5 minutes. then i get to answer all the same questions, all over again. i may be younger then most guys on here, but i do remember a time when you called a place and someone answered the phone, AND IT WASNT TRANSFERED TO SOME MOTHER F$#*ER INDIA

·
ampman
783 Posts
i really cannot stand when you call places and its not an american. i absolutely hate cell phone companies. you call, and it goes something like this
"whats your name?"
"john doe"
"your telephone number?"
"555-5555"
"your social security number"
"555-55-5555"
"your date of birth?"
"11-20-87"
"and your mothers maiden name"
"name"
"ok let me pull up your account"
wait..wait..wait...
"ok what can i help you with"
"yeah my phone (insert problem)"

now at this point im already irritated but whatever. THEN the stupid customer service rep tries to do something out of their league (like always) then the ever dreaded "im going to have to transfer you"
so you wait on hold for 5 minutes. then i get to answer all the same questions, all over again. i may be younger then most guys on here, but i do remember a time when you called a place and someone answered the phone, AND IT WASNT TRANSFERED TO SOME MOTHER F$#*ER INDIA
i feel your pain brother !! i feel your pain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts