Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one has asked before i'm sure. Question I have a single sink in a bathroom now and want to remodel and add a double sink for the kids. It has a two inch vent that takes care of the toilet and the sink. the 1-1/2 for the sink drain, tees into the 2" vent. I believe this is called wet venting. My question is will the 1-1/2 allow for the two sink vanity? and will i be under sized on the 2" vent by upgrading to three fixtures.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did a bath adding an extra sink bowl and the plumber never added an additional vent-it was a full bath. 2nd best customer I have, never had a complaint. Im not a plumber,have all the faith in the world in his competence, never had a problem with his work in 7 years...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Coupe,

Now THAT is a useful post. Why is Ron or myself here. Look at the top of the page in the address bar. Whats it say up there?

Yup, you guessed it. CONTRACTORTALK .

It does not say diychatroom.

Why don't we try not to act so e-tough and go call a plumber.
You need a licensed plumber to have a look and if nothing else consult with you for a fee on what you can and can't do. Thanks for being nice.

If I were a mod here, you would be perma-banned

Love,
ILPlumber

·
4,617 Posts
Keep it professional. No personal attacks. First and last warning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vent/drain

FYI already talked with three different proffesional plumbers and recieved three totaly different answers. Posted the same basic question on here to see who was the right guy for the job. Only to get call a plumber I don't know what I am doing. Never said I was plumbing it myself I do what I do and call those who are supposed to know what they do when it isn't in my line of work. So Ban me If you can not answer a question with out popping off as to wether I know what I am doing.

·
Pro Plumber
2,779 Posts
So go get a permit, have who ever the plumber you talked to do the job, have it inspected, if it passes you got a real plumber to do the job, if it don't then you found the wrong guy.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Some one has asked before i'm sure. Question I have a single sink in a bathroom now and want to remodel and add a double sink for the kids. It has a two inch vent that takes care of the toilet and the sink. the 1-1/2 for the sink drain, tees into the 2" vent. I believe this is called wet venting. My question is will the 1-1/2 allow for the two sink vanity? and will i be under sized on the 2" vent by upgrading to three fixtures.
I am Not a Plumber-but I see nothing wrong with this question here on this site- I would probably vent myself if I got the answer he got-We are here to help Aren't we?.

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
No, you will not be undersized on the vent or the drain.

·
Pro Plumber
2,779 Posts
OK you want an answer you got it, yes it will work, wait, no it won't, but is it code where he is at. Geez, come on people, how can one ask a question on here and expect to get the right answer when location, code used, and other facts are not provided.

Not all codes are the same.

Lets get real ok.

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
OK you want an answer you got it, yes it will work, wait, no it won't, but is it code where he is at. Geez, come on people, how can one ask a question on here and expect to get the right answer when location, code used, and other facts are not provided.

Not all codes are the same.

Lets get real ok.
Which code would not allow 2 vanities and 1 toilet on a 2" vent?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts