Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wrightway Construction Se
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a proposal for a petsmart. It is 17,500 sq ft. I will have to demo exsting VCT flooring and install new. This will be overnight work as the store is not closing[ 9 p.m.-9 a.m].. Store employees will be responsible for moving product from shelves, but we will be responsible for moving shelves[anchored to the floor] and having them back before opening the following day, doing the floor in sections each night. I am hoping to demo, prep and install 2000-3000 sq ft per shift. I have a bid for install , but am wondering how you guys would price demo and prep as well as the shelf moving fiasco.

·
Holy Crap!
512 Posts
12 hours seems a little ambitious to lay 3000sf a night when you are also talking demo and prep. Between loading, cleaning and removing the shelves (plus the daily bull crap between the men) you are looking at about 9 hours of actual work. Also the glue would need to set up for a while to insure that the tiles don't move during the shelving re-installation.

I would figure on about 1000sf per night with a good crew. If they end up doing it faster, well then it will just look better to the owner. Don't short your self on time or promise an unrealistic delivery date.

Bid it for 17 nights with one crew or 8-9 nights with two crews for the prep/install labor.

Bid the demo per sf.

Bid the moving of the shelf units per unit.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts