Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some bathroom projects from the last couple of years.

Most of these are in a vacation condo just south of Myrtle Beach SC and the directive from the HO was "Rustic but gorgeous" .... ok. She was very involved in the design and we literally were designing this $160K remodel on the fly.

The master bathroom is where the white free standing tub is located. Notice the tub is being filled from the ceiling. The technology in the filler spout is the same as the "Dancing Water" at Disney. It falls for eight feet and never sprays a drop. It looks like a glass tube. I placed the located of the overhead filler so that it would catch the front downslop of the tub thus eliminating any splash on to the floor when you first start to fill the tub. I tried for five years to get this nozzle into a design and the situation never arose until this condo. The spout is about $700 for anybody that's wondering and if you look close, you can just see one of the controls on the wall to the right of the tub.

Bathroom Property Wall Room Tile
How do you like the stacked stone walls? I didn't like it at first but when we decided on T&G pine board ceilings, it came together.

Room Bathroom Cabinetry Door Tile
The shower in the master is 5' x 5' and has dual rainshower heads, a handheld, bench seat, and two niches.

Furniture Sideboard Wood stain Room Cabinetry
The wood for the vanity is heart pine that was recovered from a cotton gin in N.C. and milled down. We installed about 1600 sq ft of this heart pine on the floors throughout the 2400 sq ft condo.

Countertop Room Furniture Cabinetry Property
This is the In-Law suite's bathroom. Same heart pine vanity, vessel sink wall mount faucets, and a glass block knee wall to seperate the toilet from the vanity. Dirty from clean.

Room Mirror Interior design Tile Antique

Room Property Tile Countertop Bathroom

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This condo sits in a marina in Garden City, SC. Thought you guys might like to see what I had to look at for five months... it was brutal but I somehow managed to suffer thruogh it....

Marina Water transportation Harbor Dock Boat
Daytime view looking West toward the inlet
Sky Water Water resources Horizon Evening
...and at night

Sea Sky Horizon Ocean Beach
Cross the street, down the public access path and here's the Atlantic Ocean.

·
Every now and then poster
13,436 Posts
Just used that same stone on a small commercial reno

Property Building Real estate Home House

We use that line of stone alot. Its about as easy as it gets as far as install.

Did you waterproof behind the stone? Ill bet whoever cleans that bathroom is going to have a field day with that backsplash in a few years.

I know the one we did the cleaning lady LOVES it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts